Job no: 502062
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: Journalism/Content Making, Production/Content
- Be a part of Australia’s independent national broadcaster
- Perth Location
- Full-time Permanent
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information on inclusive employee networks within the ABC please refer to Life Page on ABC LinkedIn.
About ABC Regional & Local
The ABC’s Regional & Local team is all about Australian communities and their conversations. Our teams create unique and distinctive content that connect communities and shape lives in metropolitan, regional and remote Australia. From our eight capital city radio stations, our forty four regional bureaux, through to screen, live events and sport, Regional & Local is about real people, real places and real life.
About the Role
ABC Radio Perth is seeking a content maker to produce live radio programs in Perth.
Reporting to the Content Director, you will:
- Create content for multiple platforms to engage local and national audiences with a focus on a daily radio program.
- Provide in-studio production support and manage talk-back callers and guests.
- Create local content that can be shared with other content teams across the ABC.
- Cross promote other ABC content to increase audience engagement.
With strong program making skills, a proven ability to develop and make original and engaging audio and cross-platform content for target audience, you will bring:
- Accomplished editorial skills including the ability to source and analyse information and exercise sound judgement.
- Demonstrated understanding and passion to source and create authentic content which represents the broad diversity of the Australian community.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated equivalent skills and experience.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 30000181 PRODUCER.pdf
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Danielle Benda, Content Director, ABC Radio Perth on 0419 688 440
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
Applications Close: 11:55 pm, Sunday 28 November