Radio Canberra is looking for an experienced journalist to join our team. This is a full-time role in the Capital Radio Network Newsroom based in Canberra working Wednesday-Sunday, providing news bulletins for 2CA, 2CC and My Canberra DAB Radio.
Working in a fast-paced newsroom, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching and creating news content for on-air and online.
The responsibilities for this position include and are not limited to:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories
- Interviewing newsmakers and sourcing on-air audio for content
- Presenting news bulletins and live crosses into programs
- Assisting Announcers and Producers in developing and creating content
- On the road reportingTo be considered for this vacancy you will need the following:
- The relevant tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of media law and industry codes
- To hold a current drivers licence
- Strong editorial judgementYour application should include a cover letter, résumé and mp3 demo. Applications close as soon as we find the right applicant.Send your application to:Peter Davidson
Group Program DirectorRadio Canberra Pty Ltd | Member Capital Radio Network
51 Bellenden St Crace | PO Box 1206 |ACT 2911 P: 02 6241 1911 | E: [email protected]