Nine’s strategy is to create great content, distribute it broadly and engage audiences and advertisers.
We are Australia’s largest locally owned media company – the home of Australia’s most trusted and loved brands spanning News, Sport, Lifestyle, and Entertainment. We pride ourselves on creating the best content, accessed by consumers when and how they want.
Nine’s assets include the 9Network, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Financial Review, radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Now, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV, Drive, subscription video platform Stan and a majority investment in Domain Group.
Your new opportunity at Nine
Working as Digital Content Lead, you will steer the digital team at 2GB and 4BC, managing the day-to-day production and delivery of content for Nine Radio and 9Podcasts for distribution across web, apps, social and digital platforms.
Reporting to the Head of Digital/Social, you will take a hands-on approach executing the digital strategy which consists of two main objectives: Drive consumption of digital streams for live, catch-up and podcasts on app/web via distribution channels, and grow our social media presence across Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and TikTok.
This role is based at the 2GB studios in Pyrmont working breakfast/ morning hours. Day-to-day you will:
- Lead your team in executing the digital strategy, taking a hands-on approach.
- Deliver daily/weekly and monthly content output and audience KPIs.
- Manage the daily content calendar ensuring the best moments are being captured and distributed across digital channels.
- Manage, train, grow and nurture your team.
- Organise shoots by liaising with talent/producers/station leads.
- Report on weekly and monthly analytics.
Our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Strong experience in a digital content lead or similar role ideally within the media industry.
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Proven experience in driving digital strategy.
- Experience in video production for social and digital platforms.
- Highly proficient with Adobe C Suite – Photoshop, Premiere Pro.
- Confidence in liaising with multiple teams, talent and working to monthly KPI’s.
- Familiarity with web/social analytics, media terminology and social media policies.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written skills with acute attention to detail
- High energy and positive team player.
- Potential out-of-standard hour rota – depending on publishing certain content.
What you’ll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes