Barkly Regional Arts and 8CCC Community Radio are partnering to offer the right candidate a unique opportunity to work across community radio and digital media in the vibrant Barkly region.
This is a full-time position comprising two part-time positions with Barkly Regional Arts and 8CCC Community Radio. Based in 8CCC’s freshly-refitted state-of-the-art radio station in Barkly Regional Arts’ Tennant Creek headquarters, the Multimedia and Radio Station Coordinator is a dynamic role that will give the right candidate the opportunity to develop and produce creative multimedia and radio content that reflects Tennant Creek and the Barkly Region.
ABOUT BARKLY REGIONAL ARTS
Barkly Regional Arts is the hub for arts in the Barkly, a region that covers an area of around 322,717 square kilometres of Australia’s Northern Territory. We collaborate with the area’s remote Indigenous communities to foster access, development, and recognition of arts in the Barkly. From our visual arts and music studios in the heart of Tennant Creek, we produce art, music and live events that tell the stories of our region.
ABOUT 8CCC COMMUNITY RADIO
8CCC Community Radio broadcasts on 102.1FM in Tennant Creek and Alice Springs, servicing the Barkly and Central Australia with content created by and reflecting our community. Working across Community, Content and Culture 8CCC’s vision of ‘Many Voices, One Frequency’, is realised through creative audio and digital media that amplifies local music, art, language, sports, news, and culture. We work to empower voices that might otherwise be excluded from the media as the authors of their stories.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERSHIP
Barkly Regional Arts and 8CCC Community Radio have a long history of partnering to deliver creative multimedia content to the people of Tennant Creek, the Barkly and beyond.
Recent projects have seen Barkly Regional Arts and 8CCC partnering to broadcast live music from the Desert Harmony Festival, syndicated across other stations and online, live concerts from the Winanjjikari Music Centre filmed for streaming and radio broadcast and multi-camera coverage of the Barkly AFL Men’s and Women’s Grand Finals live and on-demand via Facebook and Youtube.
The right candidate has a proven track record of working independently to produce outcomes. They are flexible, organised and can work well with others under pressure. They can recognise and act on opportunities to develop content in multiple media formats. They are a fast learner and are not afraid to take on new challenges.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualification and/or sound working knowledge of audio-visual operation (film production, including live production, cinematography and editing, photography, Radio and Live Audio).
- Sound working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere editing programs.
- Sound working knowledge of Radio Broadcast studio environments and live & pre-produced broadcast & podcasting formats
- Experience producing news and content packages for mixed media (radio broadcast, online articles, podcasting, video packages) with an understanding and commitment to ethical & professional journalism
- Proven ability to show initiative and work independently to achieve outcomes.
- Proven ability to file and archive multimedia content effectively.
- Proven ability to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders, including Indigenous communities, staff and management, government, and other agencies.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team.
- Current Driver’s Licence and 4WD experience or a willingness to be trained.
- Willingness to undertake a Working with Children Clearance Notice.
- Capacity to travel and undertake short-term stays in remote Indigenous communities.
- Sensitivity and understanding of Aboriginal culture, tradition, and society.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Multimedia and Radio Coordinator role comprises two part-time roles; Multimedia Coordinator (0.6) with Barkly Regional Arts and Radio Coordinator with 8CCC Community Radio (0.4). Please download the attached candidate pack for the position description of each role.
Please contact [email protected] using the subject line: Multimedia and Radio Station Coordinator – Tennant Creek for further information.