Work type: Ongoing Full Time
Categories: IT/Technology, Broadcast Operations/Transmission
- Full Time, Permanent Opportunity
- Location – Negotiable
- Collaborative, high performance culture
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information on inclusive employee networks within the ABC please refer to Life Page on ABC LinkedIn.
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a national team of Broadcast Technologists responsible for supporting technology used in audio over IP (AoIP), which underpins the production of live audio content including Local Radio and national networks like triple j and Classic FM, and on-demand content including podcasts.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing specialist support for AoIP technologies in highly integrated IT and IP environments, including programming with AXIA, Livewire and Pathfinder Core.
- Performing ongoing system management and maintenance activities.
- Proactively collaborating with a broad group of stakeholders including internal clients, internal support teams, and vendor partners.
We are looking for a team player with the aptitude to provide support in a constantly evolving technology environment.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Client service focus and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who is generous when sharing knowledge.
- Experience providing technical support using problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of operational audio production environments is advantageous.
- Understanding of complimentary IT and IP disciplines is advantageous, for example Microsoft virtual environments and server products, web services and scripting.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: ABC BroadcastTechnologist 18jan2022 full description
For further information on this position please contact David Vapp, National Broadcast Support Team Manager on 02 8333 5894.
We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure you submit your application through our online portal.
The ABC has a vaccination policy that requires employees to meet vaccination requirements for those working in some high-risk environments or circumstances. Some roles will require adherence to this policy as an inherent requirement of performing the role.