Job no: 502174
Work type: Ongoing Full Time
- An exciting opportunity to be a part of ABC’s flagship weekly discussion program.
- Location – Southbank, Melbourne – Convenient CBD location
- Build strong engagement with diverse audience.
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information on inclusive employee networks within the ABC please refer to Life Page on ABC LinkedIn.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role on the ABC’s flagship weekly discussion program. Q+A encourages Australians to question political and opinion leaders, and shape national conversations by engaging with our democratic processes.
Inviting a diverse range of voices to participate in each program is essential to the success of Q+A. We are looking for an experienced Series Producer who has the leadership and production skills to take responsibility for the line-up and on-air production of Q+A. The role involves sharing responsibility for creating the rundown and supervising the team to produce the weekly program. Working collaboratively with the Executive Producer, the role will also involve;
- Developing, planning and producing future programs, panels, OB’s and audience content that are relevant, thought-provoking and appeal to a broad cross section of Australian audiences.
- Overseeing continuous flow of strong agenda-setting content which contributes to the program through innovative ideas, which attract new and diverse audiences.
- Proactively contributing to editorial leadership meetings whilst playing a key role in decision making on program content and ensuring a regular flow of original high-quality ideas.
- Supervising and training staff while providing effective leadership that focusses on building and sustaining a high performing and motivated team whilst also encouraging content input and debate amongst the team.
You have extensive experience as a producer and/or reporter and therefore the ability to create sharp compelling content for live broadcast television and explain complex issues that inform and engage a diverse audience. Your skills and experience include;
- Sophisticated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- An exceptional knowledge base and interest in a broad range of current affairs with the ability to translate topics into compelling viewing for a diverse audience.
- Highly developed planning, organisational and negotiation skills to lead a highly effective production team.
- Resilience and accuracy under pressure, an ability to anticipate problems and the initiative to direct responses to unexpected situations in a particularly complex environment.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: ABC Q&A SeriesProducer
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Erin Vincent, Executive Producer at [email protected]
We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
The ABC has a vaccination policy that requires employees to meet vaccination requirements for those working in some high-risk environments or circumstances. This role will require adherence to this policy as an inherent requirement of performing the role.