16 hours per week
$20,800pa + 10% Commission + 11% Superannuation
BayFM 99.9 is Byron Shire’s 100% independent, not-for-profit, volunteer-run, award-winning community radio station, serving our community with information and entertainment. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a volunteer management team to help drive and grow the revenue the station receives from selling radio sponsorships.
As the station Sponsorship Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the selling of all the show sponsorship and run-of-station sponsorship spots.
You’ll report to Tracee Hutchison, the BayFM Station Manager.
About the team
BayFM has over 80 volunteers and four contractors.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced salesperson having worked in a media sales environment, with some understanding of the community broadcasting sector. You will bring problem-solving skills to maximise the sponsorship sales operations of the station. A good understanding of social media as a sales tool would be an asset. Experience working with a not-for-profit volunteer organisation would be an advantage.
Sponsorship Sales Management
Marketing and selling the BayFM inventory of time allocated to sponsorship slots. This will comprise selling individual show sponsorships and run-of-station sponsorship spots:
- Managing all existing client sponsorship relationships and where possible deepening the relationship to grow their sponsorship
- Work with the current media agency partners to maximise revenue
- Seek out new sponsor clients
- Review the existing sales experience and make suggestions for improvements
- Manage an ongoing database of existing sponsors
- Create new selling experiences by looking at digital and social media sponsorship opportunities
- Market more Outside Broadcast sponsorship opportunities
- Detail and increase the sales footprint for the station. This means extending the footprint to include Ballina in the south, Lismore in the west and further north towards the Queensland border
- Review the current Sponsorship sales and booking process and look to refine and improve this service
Production of Sponsorship spots
You will oversee the development and creation of the sponsorship spots. Working closely with the Sponsorship Production Manager to ensure the sponsorship spots follow the client brief and timelines and match production expectations.
You will review the current sales production process and make recommendations for improvements.
As part of your role, you will work closely with the Station Manager:
- This will mean weekly forecast reports and weekly sales confirmation reports.
- Providing yearly sponsorship forecast reports.
Provide support to the Management Committee
- Providing a monthly Sponsorship Sales Manager’s Report
- Attending all relevant team meetings.
- Attending all annual general meetings and special general meetings.
Submit your resumé, together with 100 words max explaining what you can bring to the role that we can’t gather otherwise
Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
For further information contact :
Tracee Hutchison via [email protected] or 0418 573 758