- Support accessibility of community radio services in all locations
- Responsible for project management
- Sydney location, other locations and virtual/hybrid work arrangements will be considered
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a leading member-based, for-purpose organisation. We provide programs and services that aim to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of over 450 community radio and media organisations.
With over five million listeners each week, community radio plays a vital role in providing a voice for multicultural, First Nations and other underrepresented groups, as well as supporting independent and emerging musicians, and communities not adequately serviced by other media services.
Provides project oversight to support the operation of community digital radio services and the national Digital Radio Project (DRP), including station liaison and stakeholder management. The role is responsible for successful project delivery ensuring the CBAA meets committed outcomes under Commonwealth funding support for community digital radio. The Project Manager oversees a team split across Operations and Data Services and Training and works closely with an external technical consultant.,
The DRP operates and supports the delivery of over 55 DAB+ radio services nationally across 8 major cities and is currently extending to regional areas. while liaising regularly with community radio licensees.
- Ensure the DRP acts as a single point of coordination for the planning, infrastructure, implementation and operation of free-to-air community DAB+ digital radio services
- Develop operational plans and budgets to align with the outcomes of Federal Government funding agreements
- Provide information to stations concerning digital radio operations, transmission, licensing requirements and the
- Manage sector and external enquiries on DRP, digital broadcasting and digital services
- Provide detailed reporting on a regular basis to funders and other stakeholders
- Provide sector policy and submission support in relation to digital radio broadcasting
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external consultants and key stakeholders
- Lead a small team to deliver on the strategy through strong leadership and guidance
Your success profile will include:
- A familiarity with the community broadcasting sector and radio broadcast operations
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Highly skilled in written communication to complete reports and develop external communications materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and use of data-base systems and online tools
- Proactive approach to problem solving and superior organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to successfully deliver outcomes
- Eligibility to work in Australia on a permanent basis
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an organisation that makes a real difference, this is the role for you.
CBAA has a policy of inclusion, and we welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, people from a diversity of genders, cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
The position is envisaged as full-time and flexible working arrangements, including other locations and virtual / hybrid work arrangements, will be considered for the right candidate.
Please submit your résumé (max 3 pages) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the essential success profile criteria and reason for your application to the Head of Program Delivery, via Seek / Ethical Jobs. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email [email protected]