It’s happened again! One of our talented journos has been snapped up by a cap city station and we’re on the hunt for someone who has what it takes to fill their very big shoes.
K rock and bay 93.9 are searching for an experienced full-time journalist / newsreader to join our outstanding team of dedicated, hungry news professionals.
You will be working in our state-of-the-art Geelong newsroom, with the beach at your front door and just a stone’s throw from Melbourne.
Here is what you will need to score a place in one of Australia’s leading FM news teams:
- A solid, contemporary reading style and an understanding of online news and its importance in a commercial radio environment
- A minimum of two years’ experience in commercial radio news
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit, friendly, highly skilled team and to hold down a super-busy solo shift as needed
- A passion for news and the ability to cover a broad range of news topics, from local to global, with an emphasis on localism.
- The ability to work weekends (on a rotating basis)
- The ability to work quickly and calmly, even when the pressure’s on
- A desire to work in a fun environment with a team that is always seeking new ways of telling our stories
- A knowledge of NewsBoss would be an advantage
The K rock and bay 93.9 news team enjoys making great radio and producing powerful, widely-read online content. We love our jobs and living on Victoria’s stunning Surf Coast!
If you think have what it takes to slot into our news team, rush your CV, demo and cover letter to;