First radio ratings survey results for 2021 | radioinfo

First radio ratings survey results for 2021

Thursday 11 March, 2021
3AW back to earth, while 2GB's Fordham flies higher
  • Big increase for ABC Sydney, ABC Melbourne drops
  • 97.3 and 4BH up in Brisbane
  • A strong gain for Mix Adelaide
  • 96fm drops in Perth
  • 2CH on Digital loses some of last survey's audience, while SEN on its old AM frequency debuts at 0.4%
  • Slight uptick for 2Day's new breakfast team
  • Slight drop for Triple M Melbourne's Marty Sheargold
  • Triple M Perth's new breakfast show loses ground

The results for the first ratings survey of 2021 have just landed.

The survey was conducted by GfK for Commercial Radio Australia from Sunday Jan 17 to Saturday Feb 27, 2021.

During the survey period, HIT 92.9 in Perth re-branded to 92.9 TRIPLE M, 3MP re-entered the Melbourne survey, and there were some changes to DAB+ station names across the various markets (see the notes below each chart for details).

See also: Spin, Cumes, Analysis and DAB+

Click the charts to expand them. Previous results here.
 

AM/FM/DAB+



DAB+ Only stations



 

 


Subscribe to the radioinfo podcast on these platforms: Acast, Apple iTunes Podcasts, Podtail, Spotify, Google Podcasts, TuneIn, or wherever you get your podcasts.

Ask Alexa: 'Alexa, play radioinfo flash briefing’ or ask Google Home: "Hey Google. Play the latest Radioinfo flash briefing podcast.”


 
  Post your job, make sure you are logged in.

 

 

Post a Comment

1 Comments

Log InYou must be logged in to post comments.
Anthony The Koala
11 March 2021 - 11:54pm
Some discrete remarks:
2GB: The market leaders are Ben Fordham, Ray Hadley and John Stanley (evenings). For breakfast, Ben's audience can hold its own and increase market share from former broadcaster Alan. Ray has always been the market leader for mornings while John has a market share of at least 20%, a greater share.

2GB's demographic: People aged between 18-24 have more than double the market share of the 25-39 age bracket at 6.5% and 3.1% respectively. It's quite odd.

2BL (ABC Sydney 702): Consistent ratings of approximately 13% across all programs with "The World Today", James and RIchard achieving a 5% (approximately) margin over Deb and Jim on 2GB.

SEN: Debuted with 0.4%. Suppose that ratings reached its Melbourne sibling stations at 3% (2.8% this survey), if SEN (Sydney) does not increase its market share, would this station be another 2UE when it was talking sport? Put it another way, is SEN's business model of being a radio station in its own right and a program supplier to other stations sustainable? Cannot comment on the listenership of Sydney's SEN Track (1539kHz).

Participants in the survey: 87.1% of the total audience participated in the survey. What comprises the other 12.9% in this survey? 2SER-fm, 2SM, other community?

Thank you,
Anthony of exciting and dynamic Belfield who can read and interpret data from a table.

radioinfo ABN: 87 004 005 109  P O Box 6430 North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.  |  All content © 1996-2021. All Rights Reserved.