Media personality Jules Schiller (pictured) is ABC Radio’s new Drive presenter in Adelaide.
ABC Adelaide Manager Graeme Bennett said “Jules will bring a new approach to this key time of the day where audiences need the right mix of essential news, information and traffic – and entertainment. Our new Drive show will still have a strong news of the day focus but Jules’ background in humour and comedy will make the drive home as much fun as it is informative. And like many South Australians, Jules is a bit of a sports nut. We’re really excited to bring something new to Adelaide radio”.
Jules says he’s excited about returning to Adelaide and sinking his teeth into his new role.
“Doing drive on ABC Adelaide gives me the chance to explore the things I’m most passionate about, namely not having to set the alarm for 4am. I have more ideas for this show than the Britannia Roundabout has entry points and after 7 years reporting current affairs for The Project, 5 years at Fox Sports and once co-hosting Cleo’s Bachelor of the Year Awards I’m confident I have the right mix to entertain Adelaide on the drive home”.
ABC Radio’s newest recruit will present the key ABC Adelaide 4-6pm weekday shift on Mondays-Thursdays from early February. Fridays will be presented by Peter Goers.
Jules will continue with his appearances on Network Ten’s The Project and Fox Sport’s The Back Page.
ABC Adelaide’s 2017 line up on ABC Radio is:
- 6-9am weekdays Matthew Abraham and David Bevan*
- 9-11am weekdays Ali Clarke
- 11am – 12pm weekdays Conversations with Richard Fidler
- 6am – 11am weekdays (Roving) Spence Denny
- 1-4pm weekdays Sonya Feldhoff
- 4-6pm Jules Schiller (Mon-Thurs)
- 4-6pm Peter Goers (Fridays)
- 7-10pm Peter Goers (Mon-Thurs)**
- 7-10pm Christine Anu (Fri-Sat)
- 6.30-9pm Rhianna Patrick (Sunday)
- 9-10pm Speaking Out with Larissa Behrendt (Sunday)
- 10pm – 2am The Nightlife with Philip Clark (Mon-Thurs) and Sarah MacDonald (Fri-Sun)
- Overnights 2am – 6am with Trevor Chappell (Mon – Thurs) and Rod Quinn (Fri-Sun)
- Saturdays 6-11am and Sundays 10am-12pm Ashley Walsh
- Sundays 5.30am – 10am Australia All Over with Ian ‘Macca’ McNamara
*David Bevan will be on long service leave for the first few weeks of the program year. He will return fully refreshed ready for what will undoubtedly be a busy lead up to the SA state election in March 2018.
** A new national Evenings program for Friday and Saturday was announced on November 16.