APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
The Community Media Training Organisation is planning its training schedule for the year.
Every year the Community Broadcasting Foundation allocates a number of training places to the CMTO, so that stations can request a course at their station for no cost.
These training places allow the CMTO to plan how many accredited and non-accredited (pathways) courses it can organise in a financial year.
Stations can apply for training from the CMTO. It is important that your station is able to meet the priorities in any course you host. You will get points for every criteria which you meet.
Training places are limited and competitive, and the CMTO is guided by the priorities of the training fund in deciding which courses will be delivered. The priorities are:
– courses for broadcasters based in regional, rural and remote areas.
– courses for Indigenous & ethnic community broadcasters & radio for print handicapped broadcasters.
– accredited training such as Certificate II in Creative Industries and Certificate III in Screen and Media.
– courses which provide skills development for volunteers that have an ongoing role at your station.
– courses at stations which have not hosted CMTO training previously.
Things stations will need to complete the application:
– the names and details of at least of 6-8 volunteers or station workers who are interested in the course
– a contact at the station who will be able to coordinate the training with the CMTO
Your station’s application does not guarantee the course you requested will be delivered at your station, but the CMTO will do its best to meet your station’s needs.
Applications due by 5pm 12th May 2017.
If you have any questions please call the CMTO on 02 9318 9626 or email [email protected]