The weekly all Australian music radio show, HomeBrew Radio celebrated its 10th year on the Community Radio Network during 2014.
Having started out in Sydney on community radio station Triple H FM (Hornsby, NSW) several years earlier, the program has spread nationally since this time and is now heard on over 45 community radio stations nationally.
Jenny O’Keefe will be the new host of the program in 2015. With an extensive background in community radio, most recently as the presenter of PBS-FM’s (Melbourne) Homebrew program, like her predecessors, Jenny is a passionate supporter of Australian music in all its forms and is certainly up for the challenge.
Last year, Home Brew Radio:
- produced 30 in-depth feature interviews with a multitude of artists from varying genres including the likes of The Audreys, Melbourne Ska Orchestra, The Jezabels, The Beards
- gained sponsorship from the Sydney Blues and Roots Festival (Windsor, NSW) for its 2014 event, following on from previous support in 2011, 2012 and 2013
- covered the 2014 ARIA Awards Red Carpet and ceremony, further to coverage in 2012 and 2013
- gave airplay to almost 400 new release Australian tracks, across 48 weekly, one hour programs
- supported numerous music events such as Groovin’ The Moo, Sydney Blues & Roots Festival, Mullum Music Festival, plus Global Battle Of The Bands
With the ongoing challenges that Australian artists face in gaining airplay for their work, HomeBrew Radio continues to be recognised by many as an important outlet for all important exposure. As the program moves into its second decade on national radio, the ethos on which it was formed remains as strong as ever – “HomeBrew Radio is 100% independent – we play what sounds good, not just what sells product”