Radio ratings survey 4 results have been released.
- Big breakfast change in Sydney, Kyle and Jackie new leaders.
- No covid lockdowns during the survey swings Sydney away from talk,
- Talk still strong in Melbourne, a big jump for ABC Mebourne.
- See more info below each chart
The survey was conducted by GfK for Commercial Radio Australia between Sun Apr 18 to Sat Jun 26, 2021, in a period where Melbourne was in covid lockdown for part of the survey but other cities were not.
Click the charts to pop out a full size image.
- 2GB retains #1 spot in Sydney
- Ben Fordham loses Breakfast crown to Kyle and Jackie O
- KIIS106.5 now #2 overall
- 2GB, KIIS, WSFM, NOVA, TRIPLE M, 2UE, all gain in share of listeners.
- 2DayFM, smooth95.3, ABC, triple j and SEN all shed audience share
Here is our Trend Graph of Sydney breakfast shows. For more trends across all markets, see the full trends report here.
- ABC Melbourne has the biggest rise, up 2.3 share points to 11.1 overall
- Nova records the biggest fall, down 1.1 to 6.7
- 3AW retains top position, slipping 0.1 to 15.5% overall
- Breakfast: 3AW top with 20.1, ABC Melbourne second on 13.8 with a big jump, Gold third on 8.6
- Drive: 3AW top, followed by Gold then ABC Melbourne
- Demographic leaders: 10-17 Nova, 18-24 triple j, 25-39 Fox, 40-54 Gold, 55+ 3AW
- Melbourne was in covid lockdown for part of the survey
- Surprisingly, not much movement in a usually volatile market.
- NOVA remains on top.
- Biggest gain goes to 97.3FM and biggest loss (-1.0) to 4KQ
- 1.5 gain for FIVEaa, now #2 in market.
- FIVEaa and ABC, #1 and #2 in Breakfast
- MIX102.3 retain #1 spot overall with small gain
- A big gain for 6IX, up 1.9 share points to 6.1% overall
- Nova and Triple M slipped most, both down 0.8 share points overall
- Nova retains #1 position with 12.7%
DAB+ Only stations