The first radio ratings survey results for 2023 have just been released.
- Kyle and Jackie on KIIS scored top spot in breakfast, KIIS moved to number one overall
- 2GB’s Ben Fordham dropped to second in the breakfast timeslot
- ABC dropped in most cities
- 3AW rose, KIIS fell in Melbourne
- KIIS up, B105 down in Brisbane
- Nova up, talk stations down in Adelaide
- 6PR down, 96fm up in Perth
The first survey for the year was conducted by GfK for Commercial Radio Australia between Sun Jan 15 to Sat Feb 25, 2023. Cricket was still being played during this period and school holidays were still taking place for the first two weeks of survey.
Previous survey results here.
Our interactive data graphs are below the raw figures.
Click the city charts to enlarge them.
- KIIS 106.5 moved into top position, gaining 0.3 to unseat 2GB from number one spot
- 2GB lost 1.5 share points and dropped into second position
- Third placed smooth slipped 0.1 to 10.3%
- KIIS grabbed the top breakfast slot back from 2GB as the two stations continue to battle for breakfast dominance over the past few surveys
- KIIS had the highest cume
- Smooth Relax had the most DAB+ listeners of the DAB+ only stations
- 3AW consolidated its top position, up 1.5 to dominate the market with 16.6% overall share
- Second placed Gold gained 0.5 to 12.4%
- Third placed Fox gained 0.9 to 9.8%
- 3AW Ross and Russel continue to hold the number one breakfast show, with Christian O’Connell on Gold increasing his share in second place in the breakfast timeslot.
- FOX had the highest cume
- KIIS 90s was the top DAB+ Only station
- B105 lost its top position, sliding 1.3 to 11.7% into second place.
- Nova 106.9 moved into top position, while slipping 0.5 to 12.2%
- KIIS 93.7 gained 1 share point to 10.8%, moving into third position in the market
- Nove had the highest cume
- Smooth FM Brisbane was the top DAB+ Only station
- MIX 102.3 consolidated its top position, up 0.5 to 12.3%
- Nova jumped into second place, gaining 2 share points to 12.1%
- Triple M moved into third position, up 0.9 to 10.7%
- Talk stations FIVEaa and ABC Adelaide fell
- FIVEaa retained its number one position in breakfast
- Nova 91.9 had the highest cume
- Smooth FM Adelaide was the top DAB+ Only station
- Nova comfortably retained top position, despite slipping 0.9 to 17% overall share
- 96fm pushed its way into second place, up 1 share point to 12.1%
- Third placed Mix was steady on 11.2%
- Nova dominated the breakfast timeslot ahead of 96fm and Mix
- Talk station 6PR had the biggest drop of the survey, down 2 share points to 6.5%
- Nove 93.7 had the highest cume
- Smooth FM Perth was the top DAB+ Only station