Latest releases from the PR and Marketing Departments.
Send your releases to [email protected]
- #1FM Breakfast KIIS 1065’s Kyle & Jackie O
- #2FM Breakfast WSFM’s Jonesy & Amanda
- #1FM station – GOLD 104.3 (equal with Fox)
- Growth for KIIS 101.1, up 0.3%
- #1 overall Breakfast 97.3FM’s Robin, Terry & Bob
- #2 overall station – 97.3FM
- #1AM – 4KQ
- #1 overall station – Mix 102.3
- #1FM Breakfast – Mix 102.3’s Jodie & Soda
- Growth for 96fm, up 0.3%
- Growth for 96fm’s Drive with Hughesy & Kate, up 1.4%
ARN’s National Content Director Duncan Campbell says: “It’s fantastic to see our Sydney Breakfast teams holding the #1 and #2 FM positions, and the strength of our network’s Breakfast content is reiterated by our #1 teams in Brisbane and Adelaide.
“We’re pleased to see wins for our stations across the board with GOLD 104.3 taking out the top FM spot in Melbourne for the fourth time this year, Mix 102.3 being #1 overall in Adelaide and with deserved growth in WSFM in Sydney and 96fm in Perth.”
ARN’s CEO Tony Kendall says: “Our focus is on delivering the very best entertaining content for audiences and we’ve seen this translate into strong results across the network.
“ARN continues to deliver the most compelling proposition for our advertising partners with continued growth in network share and the #1 position with grocery buyers. This has been not only driven by #1 stations in major markets, but also #1 Breakfast shows around the country, complemented by a digital audience of over 3 million.”
mix94.5 regains #1 in Breakfast and dominates Drive!
As the one year anniversary of losing popular breakfast host Shane McFarlane approaches, mix94.5 has yet another reason to be emotional after regaining the number one spot in Breakfast, moving up 1.9% for a total share of 15.0%.
Joining Clairsy & Kymba several months after Shane’s death, Matt Dyktynski put everything he had into mix94.5’s new breakfast show, bringing his quick-wit, humour and charm to help rebuild the team.
Since then, Clairsy, Matt & Kymba have continued to climb in the ratings, helping to maintain mix94.5’s number one position as a station across the day and slowly regaining their position in Breakfast.
Aided by mix94.5’s drive show, Lisa & Pete, who dominate Drive in number one spot on a 16.1% share, mix94.5 celebrates the number one position for all people 10+ with a 15.6% share, which is a whopping 4.3% ahead of the nearest rival.
Congratulations to mix94.5 on the following wins:
– Number one in Breakfast with a 15.0% share
– Number one all people ages 10+ with a 15.6% share
– Number one in Drive with a 16.1% share
– Number one throughout the morning with a 17.5% share
– Number one in the evening with a 13.1% share
– Number one across the weekend with a 12.8% share
– Number one station 25 – 54 year olds
– Largest cume in the mornings with 247,000 listeners
– Largest cume for 40 – 64 year olds with 247,000 listeners
Southern Cross Austereo Perth General Manager, Linda Wayman said:
“It is almost exactly a year since mix94.5’s very popular breakfast host, Shane McFarlane, died. Not only has the mix team had to deal with the deep sorrow we all felt, but we also had to re-group and re-build the breakfast show, which had previously been Number One for such a long time. So for Clairsy, Matt & Kymba to have reached Number One in breakfast in such a short time, is an exceptional achievement.
“To have done so with not only a new host in Matt Dyktynski, but one who had never been in radio before makes this achievement even more outstanding. Matt has shown nothing but professionalism and a keen mind. He is an exceptional talent as well as a lovely person.
“I pay tribute to not only the on-air team but to the people behind the scenes who have worked tirelessly to support the breakfast show. Erica Hodge is one of the very few female Content Directors in the country and in her tenure at the head of mix’s product team, she has dealt with a number one breakfast show and drive show three years ago, and then the sudden death of one of her team. In all of this, she has displayed a calm and relentless determination, as well as impeccable leadership and precision, helping make our breakfast show Number One again.”
– SCA is #1 commercial for all people
– SCA is #1 for people under 40
– SCA is #1 for people 25-54
– Hit Network is #1 for people under 40
– Hit Network is #1 for women under 40
– Triple M is #1 for people 25-54
– Triple M is #1 for males
– Triple M is #1 for males 18-54
– Hit Network is #1 in Drive for people under 40
– Triple M is the #1 network in Drive for males
Source: GfK Radio Ratings. Survey 6, 2016. SMBAP. Share %
– #1 in Breakfast for women under 30 years
– Increased 2.3 share points with people 25-39
– Increased in Breakfast by 0.2 share points overall – 4.3
– Increased share in everyday part
– Biggest increase overall in share for FM stations
– Increased overall by 2.5 share points with females 18-39
– Increased in Drive by 2.9 share points with people under 40
– #1 station for men 18-54
– #1 station for men 25-54
– #1 commercial station in Breakfast for men 18-54
– #1 station across the workday for men 18-54
– 172,000 people 10+ tuning into Fri-Sun Football
– #1 reach of any Sydney NRL call for people under 70 (also 172,000)
Source: GfK Radio Ratings. Survey 6, 2016. Sydney.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings (eRam). Survey 6, 2016. Sydney. Fri 6-10pm; Sat 12-6pm; Sun 12-6pm.
– Largest radio audience in Australia with over 1.1 million listeners
– 168,000 listeners more than its closest competitor
– #1 station for under 40’s
– #1 FM station in Melbourne for females
– #2 FM station in Breakfast
– #1 station in Breakfast for people under 40
– #1 station in Breakfast for women under 40
– #1 FM station for Drive
– Biggest audience in Drive with 615,000 listeners
Source: GfK Radio Ratings. Survey 6, 2016. Melbourne
Triple M Melbourne
– #1 station for All People 25-54
#1 FM station for males 10+
– #1 FM station in Breakfast for All People 10+
– #1 station in Breakfast for All People 18-54
– #1 FM station in Drive for Males 10+
– #1 station in Drive for men 18-54
– #1 station across the workday for All People 30-49
– Reaches 330,000 across weekend of footy. More people tune into Triple M AFL call than any other Melbourne radio broadcast
– #1 in Football for all people under 70 with a share of 8.7% and a reach of 327,000
– #1 in Football for males 10+ with a share of 10.2% and reach of 222,000
Source: GfK Radio Ratings. Survey 6, 2016. Melbourne.
Source: GfK Radio Ratings (eRam). Survey 6, 2016. Melbourne. Fri 6-10:30pm; Sat 12-10:30pm; Sun 1-6pm.
Ladies and gentlemen, hit92.9 has done it! Fun and fearless, and kicking goals across the board, hit92.9 scores #1 station all people under 40 and largest cume since 1996 with 525,000 listeners.
You bloody rip-snorter!
Coming in just 0.3% off NOVA (sorry, not sorry) for all people 10+, hit92.9 has dominated its demographic, at number one for all people aged 18 – 39 on a 20.4% share.
With a year of insane tactics and recent international adventures, hit92.9 continues to deliver the goods!
Heidi, Will & Woody have taken hit92.9 to new heights in Queenstown for Heidi’s Cosmo Campaign, forcing the girl-next-door to prove she has what it takes to be named Cosmopolitan’s Fun Fearless Female of the Year. Check out the crazy here.
Keeping the swagger on point as per usual, hit92.9 is also delivering the biggest RnB concert of the year to its audiences, which currently sit over half a million listeners.
Poppin’ bottles in the office, hit92.9 is celebrating the following wins:
– Largest cume audience in 20 years, with 525,000 listeners
– #1 station for all people under 40 with a 20.7% share
– #1 all people aged 18-39 on a 20.4% share
– Largest cume all people aged 18-39 with 295,0000 listeners
– Largest commercial Breakfast cume increase of 9,000, totalling 289,000 listeners
– Largest cume increase over the weekend, up 22,000 totalling 329,000 listeners
Southern Cross Austereo Perth General Manager, Linda Wayman said:
“hit92.9 is a vibrant station and this is reflected in its achievement of the highest amount of listeners since 1996. In fact, hit92.9 dominates Under 40 listeners in this survey, including the high-energy breakfast show, Heidi, Will and Woody who are Number One under 40 and also Number One commercial in the 18-39 age group. Its great recognition of a very young and very hard-working team led with great focus by Amanda Lee. This station is coming at them.”
hit92.9 Content Director, Amanda Lee said:
“We have had a huge couple of months of activations culminating in Heidi, Will & Woody taking on Queenstown, New Zealand, as part of Heidi’s Fun, Fearless Female Campaign. The entire hit92.9 team, on and off the air, contributed to the trip’s success proving that we are truly market leaders when it comes to memorable radio and digital content. Today is a testament to the hard working, creative and talented individuals that live and breathe the Brand. hit92.9 has never felt or sounded more alive!”