NOVA Entertainment is Australia’s leading independent audio entertainment business, creating unforgettable experiences loved and shared by our listeners. Whoever you are, and however you like to listen – we’re for you. Our mission is to create and share great experiences with our audience.
No two days at work will be the same at NOVA Entertainment. Our fun and dynamic environment means our employees are constantly surrounded with unique experiences as well as inspirational and influential people.
We are looking for a full time Technology Engineer to join the Sydney Technology Team – working in a broadcast and IT environment at Nova 969, smoothfm 95.3 and Star 104.5.
With a passion for audio and digital technologies, your primary role is to keep NOVA’s radio studios, transmission equipment, and IT infrastructure humming. You’ll play a key role liaising with on-air teams locally and ensure the tech is doing what they need. Reporting to the Technology Manager, you’ll also get the opportunity to run projects and upgrade key systems.
The role involves:
- Under the direction of the Technology Manager, perform Technology maintenance and project tasks as-per the prioritisation in Jira
- Participate in the Technology 24/7 on-call roster and be available to provide effective support when required
- Participate in the Nova Business Support Team support roster as required
- Ensure all support requests from both Technology Team members and other Nova staff are responded to as quickly as is practical
- Liaise with users from all other departments to provide support and proactive improvement suggestions to Nova’s Technology suite
- Proactively monitor Nova’s Technology to ensure fault-free operation, and work autonomously to react and rectify any issues discovered
- Actively contribute to Nova’s Technology knowledge base and ensure that any system configuration or deployment is appropriately documented in Confluence
- Comply with the Nova Technology Change Management framework prior to making any changes to a live system
- Work with the Technology Manager to provide ongoing improvements in the design and implementation of Nova’s Technology systems
Radio doesn’t stop, so you will be an energetic individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and loves a challenge!
Previous radio experience would be ideal – but is not essential. We’d love to meet you if you have a previous employment history or just a passionate interest in any of:
- Broadcast TV
- Community or public radio
- Audio / visual tech
- Amateur broadcast
- Music and audio production
You’ll need to be:
- excellent at communicating, both verbally and in writing
- talented at solving problems and thinking outside the box
- great at working independently, under direction
- able to prioritise tasks with conflicting priorities – and manage your time
- calm under pressure
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Nova Entertainment is committed to inviting people of all walks of life to work with us and grow their careers in their own unique way. All Nova Entertainment locations are allies of the LGBTIQ+ community and are proud to be registered with the Welcome Here initiative. Click here or read more about life at Nova here.
- Additional leave days: Anniversary & Loyalty leave, Give back Leave, Mental Wellbeing days
- Access to Learning and Development programs & internal opportunities
- Access to health and wellbeing initiatives (Nova’s Life+ & Employee Assistance Program, mental health training programs)
- Frequent staff lunches & survey celebrations!
- Plus, a whole lot more!
If this sounds like the perfect gig for you, then what are you doing still reading this? Apply now!