Commercial radio staff planning to submit an entry in this year’s Australian Commercial Radio Awards have three weeks left to do so.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Demonstrate versatility, innovation and creativity!
- Your entry must address all criteria on the entry form
- Include your official ACMA call sign eg. 2SYD as well as your on-air call sign eg. Nova 96.9 to ensure your station is properly identified
- Pay close attention to completing name and title entry details – they need to appear exactly as they would appear on a finalist’s certificate or winner’s trophy
- Do not staple, bind or submit entries in folders and only provide photocopies of supporting material – not originals
- If you can’t fit your response in the spaces made available on the Special Entry Form – feel free to complete on a separate page ensuring you do not exceed the page limit. Judges will not assess information which exceeds the maximum limits.
- Ensure your Station Manager or General Manager signs your Special Entry Form where required
- Judges want to hear a lot more of you and less of other people and music!
- Entries should be exactly as broadcast – no added background music or sound effects
- Ensure your entry is of broadcast quality audio
- Make sure your audio sticks to the time limit for the category – it will be turned off by the judges once the time limit is reached
- Get your best stuff up front on your audio submission – make it the first thing the judges hear to capture their attention and imagination!
- State your name and station only at the beginning of your entry – there should be no music or noise in the background – no production, no station IDS
- Your name and station tag can be on top of the stated audio limit for the category but the tag should not exceed three seconds
- Do not submit the same audio entry for different categories – it will be noticed – especially if your entry makes it through to Finalist judging!
- Ideally provide a selection of material, except where stated otherwise
- All supporting material is strictly limited to one page, except where stated otherwise
- Check and double check the checklist for your entry before submission
For further tips see our earlier article here.
To get entry forms and details, click the link below.