So much to do… so little time!
Radio Conference season has begun for 2015.
See our Events Calendar for a full listing of Australian and World Conferences.
Two impending conferences are RadioDay Europe in Milan and the Digital Broadcasting Symposium in Kuala Lumpur.
Buongiorno di Milano!
RadioDays has become Europe´s largest radio conference with 100 speakers in over 50 sessions over two and a half days, 15-17 March. Last year 1300 participants from 60 countries took part in Radiodays Europe. See the preliminary program here.
Speakers will include Elvis Duran (Morning host, Z100 New York, USA), Helen Boaden (Director of Radio & Music, BBC, UK), Pierre Bellanger (CEO, Skyrock, France), Dennis Clark (VP of Talent Development, iHeartMedia, USA) , Jacquelin Smit (CEO 358 Group, Netherlands), Adam Ferrier (consumer psychologist, Australia), Mark Little (founder of Storyful, Ireland), Sam Cavanagh (National Executive Producer, SCA, Australia), Cajsa Lindberg (Controller SR P3, Sweden), Alison Winter (Head of Audiences, BBC, UK), Geoff Lloyd and Annabel Port (Absolute Radio, UK), Tomas Baccocoli (communcations expert, Sweden), Thor Gjermund Eriksen (DG, NRK, Norway) and Helen Thomas (Editor, Chris Evans show, BBC, UK).
Plus a raft of new speakers have just been announced:
- Joel Sucherman, Director for Digital Products at NPR, USA: ‘NPR´s innovative new app’.
- Maria Gianniti, Foreign Correspondent for Rai, Italy: ‘Reporting from conflicts’.
- Larry Rosin, researcher USA, and Rüdiger Landgraf, PD of KroneHit, Austria: ‘New research on listening to streaming music and radio on mobile devices’.
- Ana Martinoli, former PD of legendary B92, Serbia: ‘A new youth radio’.
- Carsten Kühntopp, Editor at B5Aktuell, Bayerische Rundfunk, ARD, Germany
- Peppi Puljujärvi, Music Director of YleX, Finland: “Rubber Song”.
- Guiseppe Cruciani, controversial host on his newstalk show on Radio 24, Italy.
- Konstatin von Eggert, journalist and political commentator, Kommersant, Russia
- Michal Ben-David, TV-producer and researcher from Israel about creative leadership.
Registration details here. When you are there find radioinfo’s Steve Ahern and ask him to shout you a Peroni or Nastro Azzurro.
Selamat Datang in Malaysia!
Kuala Lumpur will host this year’s Digital Broadcasting Summit, organised by the Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union on 3-6 March.
This year ABU’s Digital Broadcasting Symposium will address how broadcasters can secure spectrum for future broadcasting by enabling changes smartly, while making use of latest opportunities in online and broadcasting services. A huge assortment of speakers is on the agenda, including broadcasters from Australia, Asia and Europe.
When you are there find radioinfo’s Steve Ahern and ask him to shout you a Tiger beer.