It’s crunch time in the hotly contested Melbourne Breakfast market.
After the last survey of 2014, Fifi & Dave on the freshly rebranded Hit 1019 The Fox were holding down second place on the FM band after Triple M’s Hot Breakfast. While SCA have a long road ahead of them in rebuilding 2DayFM, now Hit104.12Day, it is vital for them to stay ahead of the pack in Melbourne.
So Fifi & Dave have hit the ground running by teaming up with Channel Seven’s My Kitchen Rules to give a lucky Melbournian the chance of winning $100,000.
Here’s how it works:
- For their chance to go on standby for an attempt at the cash prize, listeners need to watch MKR each night on Seven, keep an eye out for Fifi & Dave’s mystery MKR items on screen, then listen to Fifi & Dave the following morning
- Over the next three weeks the contest will play out on air across breakfast and workday.
- Hit 1019 The Fox will award 40 finalists with one spot each at the $100,000 MKR Last Supper Table
- On Friday 20/2 Fifi & Dave will broadcast their breakfast show live from Federation Square where they will set up a dining table that will change someone’s life forever
- Only one of these place settings will be worth $100,000
- On the morning of the OB all the finalists will take their turn choosing a seat at the table. At every setting will be a silver cloche (all cloches will be identical) Under just one of the cloches the $100,000 prize will be hidden. One by one the finalists will lift the lid of their cloche and the person who lifts theirs to discover the $100,000 will instantly win the cash.
For one person in Melbourne, this will be the Last Supper before their life changes forever with a $100,000 prize!