Triple M’s Hot Breakfast celebrates a decade onair this week having started on September 8, 2009 with Eddie McGuire, Luke Darcy, Tony Moclair and Mieke Buchan.
The breakfast radio show forged new ground with a clever, almost talkback radio show alongside Triple M’s unmistakable FM heritage of sport, rock music and comedy.
In 2011 Mick Molloy joined the team and was replaced by Wil Anderson in 2017.
Eddie, who has worked at Triple M for 30 years, told the Herald Sun “We’ve introduced talk to FM radio. When we started Triple M Football, the prevailing noise at the time was sports commentary on FM wouldn’t work. It didn’t work because no-one had done it properly before.”
The Hot Breakfast aims to set the news agenda for the day and has access to the biggest names in football, politics, journalism, entertainment, finance and comedy as well as regular performances Live from Eddie’s Desk from the best in local and international rock music.
This week the show has been asking listeners to nominate their favourite moments from the last decade, and these have included:
- Mick twin’s announcement
- Wally the Wanker – sperm bank
- Rosie’s tribute to Euridice Dixon
- 100th Anniversary Gallipoli broadcast
- The Monday morning shows after the 2010 Collingwood & 2017 Richmond Premierships
- 2018 Federal Leadership spill coverage
- Darc wrapping up Russell Crowe and his vocals on The Fray song
- Rosie Batty interview & community day at Tyabb Cricket Club
- Interviewing the Australian Cricket team post-match at Lords
- Interviewing major local and international influential Guests (Donald Trump, Tiger Woods, Olivia Newton John, Julian Assange)
- Alby Mangels interview
Mick Molloy joined the Hot Breakfast this morning to look back on the last ten years, and shared one his favourite moments with Darc singing The Fray