New York Festivals® 2023 Radio Awards has announced the Grand Jury.
SVP, Executive Director, Rose Anderson says, “We look for wide experience, demonstrated achievement and geographic diversity in our jury members as a way of quantifying fairness in the selection process. All of our Grand Jury members volunteer their time and are award winners themselves.
This year’s Grand Jury of prominent international radio industry executives represent 19 countries on 6 continents.
Populated with some of the most respected content creators, industry thought leaders and most recognisable voices in the industry, these 100+ directors, producers, journalists, writers, and sound artists embody passion and innovation for audio information and entertainment.
The 2023 panel’s stellar reputation and diverse areas of expertise across ensure that this peer-judging process provides each entry with the attention it deserves.
Emanating from some of the most prestigious and respected companies worldwide, these leaders champion innovative storytelling in news, documentary, entertainment, sports, and corporate image.
The impressive roster of companies the jurors represent include SiriusXM, BBC, Radio Mitre S.A., Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, HarperCollins Publishers UK, Radio-Canada Ohdio, Talkers Magazine, Accompany Studios, Bioneers, TBI Media, Penguin Random House UK, Magnum Opus Broadcasting, NASA/JPL, Radio City, New York Philharmonic, Radio New Zealand, CliffCentral, Southern Ocean Media, TBI Media Ltd, and Clare FM.
Jurors from Australia/New Zealand region include
- Siobhan McHugh, Associate Professor of Journalism, University of Wollongong
- Paul Bushnell, Aukland Manager, Radio New Zealand
- Richard Baker, Founder/Director, Southern Ocean Media – Australia
- Andrew Biggs, Imaging Producer/Director, Eyesound – New Zealand
- Robyn Ravlich Australian writer and independent radio feature maker
- Beth Atkinson-Quinton, award winning audio producer, broadcaster and founder of podcast network Broadwave
- Cathie Harrop, New Zealand award winning producer/performer
- Aaron Kearney, broadcaster, sports commentator and five-time New York Festival Awards winner
- Pariya Taherzadeh, multi award-winning podcast producer and lecturer at AFTRS
- Karena Wynn-Moylan, producer/presenter Bay FM
- Maddy Fryer, Executive producer and Leader in radio, podcasts, TV and digital media production
The NYF Radio Awards Grand Jury members view all entries during online judging panels to determine a score based on industry specific criteria.
Juries determine Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophy and Finalist Diploma Winners.
The top-scoring entries are honoured with the Grand Trophy and special Industry Awards honour Broadcaster of the Year and Production Company of the Year.
The newly unveiled National Press Club Award will go to the highest scoring entry in the following news program categories: Best Coverage Of Breaking News Story, Best Coverage Of Ongoing News Story, Best Nonfiction Series and News Podcast.
The entry deadline for the 2023 Radio Awards competition is January 31, 2023.
All 2023 award winners will be celebrated at the NYF Storytellers Gala taking place on April 18th at the 2023 NAB Show Centennial in Las Vegas.