Finalists in the 63nd annual Walkley Awards for Excellence have been announced with over 1,300 entries were judged by more than 100 senior industry representatives.
Radio finalists are:
RADIO/AUDIO NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS
- Jane Bardon, AM, ABC Radio National Breakfast, ABC News Online, “Indigenous families appeal to NT Government to keep young people out of detention”, “NT child protection workers allege unmanageable workloads putting vulnerable at risk” and “Tennant Creek night patrols begin to have effect”
- Ange McCormack, Karla Arnall and Philippa McDonald, Triple J Hack, ABC, “’Disturbing’ privacy breach revealed: Over 1,000 NSW Health medical records abandoned in derelict building”
- Sally Sara, ABC Radio, “Going Back”
- Hagar Cohen and Team Background Briefing, Background Briefing, ABC Radio National, “Fentanyl: A national emergency”
COVERAGE OF A MAJOR NEWS EVENT OR ISSUE
- Guardian & 2SER Team, Guardian Australia, “The death of David Dungay”
Finalists for the Business Journalism category will be announced on Monday and the winners announced at a gala dinner on Thursday November 22, at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.