SCA will partner with the BBC, to make its most popular titles and content by globally known personalities available on LiSTNR from 23 June 2021.
The partnership is also the first time the majority of the BBC content selected by SCA will be available in Australia.
The BBC content includes:
- Audio programs from renowned broadcaster and natural historian Sir David Attenborough
- Audio program from English economist, broadcaster and journalist Tim Harford, whose long-running Financial Times column, ‘The Undercover Economist, explores the economic ideas behind everyday experiences
- Music programs Desert Island Discs and Essential Mix
- In Concert – the largest collection of live recordings in the world, exclusive to the BBC
- Music audio program Pop Documentaries.
SCA CEO, Grant Blackley, says: “When we launched LiSTNR in February this year, we promised that it was only the beginning. We couldn’t be more delighted that our first LiSTNR partnership is with international broadcaster the BBC which will bring our audiences world class, compelling, premium content from its vast library.
“We have selected BBC content that will resonate with our listeners and attract new audiences to LiSTNR. This is the first of a series of partnerships that will see LiSTNR become the audio destination of choice for premium and popular content such as what we are offering from the BBC.”
BBC Senior Business Development Manager North America, Caribbean and BBC Radio International at BBC World Service, Larissa Abid, says: “BBC works with some of the biggest names in music, entertainment and journalism to create world class audio content. Our partnership with SCA will see BBC content available for the first time on LiSTNR. We are impressed with the LiSTNR personalised app offering and are confident that the BBC content slate will appeal to a broad audience.”
SCA General Manager Digital Audio, Grant Tothill, says: “LiSTNR offers Australian audio streamers a diverse range of premium curated and created content. To have the BBC as one of our partners is a reinforcement of that and a great way to complement our locally created live and on demand content across radio, podcasts, music and news.”