Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) has appointed 20 internal “innovation champions” to lead its The Lab project, calling on its people to act as ‘torchbearers’ for the new initiative.
The Lab project, which launched in April, is focused on nurturing innovative thinking and supporting SCA’s people to develop ideas to implement across the business.
The innovation champions, selected from 13 SCA offices across Australia, have been trained to mentor employees as they test their proposals, supporting them through the development and implementation phases.
SCA CEO Grant Blackley says the new network of champions is designed to keep innovation at the forefront of the business.
“We are looking to increasingly make innovation part of SCA’s DNA and the ongoing development of The Lab project is a fundamental part of that. Our innovation champions have been selected based on their active participation in The Lab, and their clear passion for innovation and new ways of thinking.
“It’s great to have such a diverse mix of champions from across the business and at different levels of the organisation – I’m confident this new network will really help to drive engagement in The Lab initiative.”
The Innovation Champions are:
• Matt Bartlett – Head of Commercial – Melbourne
• Jack Bingham – Digital Content Producer – Newcastle
• Shane Bromilow – Regional Sales Manager – Busselton
• Mitch Byatt – Campaign Ideas Manager – Sydney
• Daniel Carmichael – Creative Writer – Gold Coast
• Taylor Casu – Research Analyst – Brisbane
• Matt Dickson – National Head of Creativity – Perth
• Tammy Dobrow – Account Manager – Sydney
• Inger Flathaug – Campaign Ideas Manager – Gold Coast
• Shaun Gough – Triple M Content Manager – Melbourne
• Benuo Hamera – Program Coordinator – Canberra
• Lara McLaren – Brand Assets Director – Melbourne
• Jeanna Manifold – Head of Studio – Brisbane
• Cameron Marlowe – Campaign Creative Director – Adelaide
• Scott Menz – Content Director Triple M – Brisbane
• Sam Morrison – Audio Production Triple M – Adelaide
• Cat Pegoraro – Promotions Coordinator – Townsville
• Breeana Russell – Senior Tactics Coordinator – Hobart
• Leigh Ryan – Announcer – Wagga Wagga
The Lab at SCA has also launched a contest internally, with ambassadors Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little calling for entries. The first initiative launched out of The Lab earlier this year was The Papa Project, creating a safe place for men to come together and share the trials and tribulations of fatherhood.
SCA’s people have been encouraged to put their innovative ideas forward for the latest contest, particularly focusing on how SCA can deliver greater return on investment to its clients. Shortlisted ideas will be presented to the SCA Leadership Group in the coming months.