The media releases and spin from the PR and Marketing departments are in for Survey 8.
Read them below – refresh the page during the day to see the latest.
#1FM STATIONS & BREAKFAST SHOWS IN SYDNEY, BRISBANE & ADELAIDE
KIIS 1065 – SYDNEY’S #1FM STATION, BREAKFAST & DRIVE
WS FM101.7 – SYDNEY’S #2FM BREAKFAST
The final radio ratings results for the year were announced for survey 8 today and Australian Radio Network (ARN) again take the crown for the most popular FM Breakfast shows in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide, along with growth in almost all other markets.
· #1FM Station – KIIS 1065
· #1FM Breakfast – KIIS 1065’s Kyle & Jackie O – 10.5% share
· #1FM Drive – KIIS 1065’s Hughesy & Kate – 9.5% share
· #2FM Breakfast WS FM101.7’s Jonesy & Amanda – up 1.7% to 8.7% share
· #3FM station – WS FM101.7 – up 1.4% to 8.3% share
- GOLD 104.3 – up 0.6% to 8.6% share
- KIIS 101.1 – up 0.2% to 6.0% share
- GOLD 104.3’s Breakfast Jo & Lehmo up 0.7% to 6.3%
- KIIS 101.1’s Breakfast Matt & Meshel up 0.3% to 6.1%
- #1 station overall – 97.3FM – 13.7% share
- #1 Breakfast overall – 97.3FM’s Breakfast – 13.1% share
- 97.3FM’s Drive – Hughesy & Kate up 0.9% to 13.4% share
- #1 commercial AM – 4KQ – 8.8% share
- #1 commercial AM Breakfast – 4KQ’s Laurel, Gary & Mark up 0.6% to 10% share
- #1 station overall – Mix 102.3 – 12.9% share
- #1FM Breakfast – Jodie & Soda – 11.2% share
- 96FM on 6.9% share
- 96FM’s Breakfast Carmen & Fitzi on 6.1% share
- Increase in total breakfast audience by 3,000 listeners
ARN’s National Content Director Duncan Campbell says: “It’s a fantastic way to end the year, with Sydney’s KIIS 1065 taking out the #1FM spot across the trifecta of station, Breakfast and Drive. Coupled with WSFM’s Jonesy & Amanda in second spot for FM Breakfast, we’re obviously very happy to be dominating the Sydney market.
“Melbourne continues to be a very close and highly competitive market and to see nothing but growth across both our stations KIIS 101.1 and GOLD 104.3 and Breakfast shows Matt & Meshel and Jo & Lehmo is a great finish to 2016.
“Brisbane’s 97.3FM ends the year back where it began as #1 overall for station and Breakfast and Mix 102.3 continues to dominate in Adelaide, taking out #1 station and #1FM Breakfast with Jodie & Soda yet again.
“A huge thank you to all our hardworking teams across the country, we’re looking forward to continuing this momentum together in 2017.”
ARN’s CEO Tony Kendall says: “We’ve had a strong focus on our strategy for the network and it’s a great position to finish the year with some of the most popular radio brands in the country, across both on air and digital, providing the best industry platform to deliver solutions for advertisers.
“These results are particularly outstanding in Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide and, as we head into 2017, we’re in a great position to capitalise on this success and leverage our investment to drive growth in Melbourne and Perth, particularly with established Breakfast shows and a clear strategy for each station.”
3AW COMPLETES A CLEAN SWEEP OF 2016
SURVEY 8 Tuesday 13 December 2016
3AW ‘s incredible 2016 ratings success has been topped off with an eighth consecutive survey in #1 spot as the most listened to radio station in Melbourne with an audience share of 13.7%.
– 3AW Breakfast hosted by Ross Stevenson and John Burns is celebrating an amazing 121 consecutive surveys and a career total of 192 wins as Melbourne’s #1 Breakfast show. They maintained top spot with an audience share of 19.5% – more than double the audience of their nearest commercial competitor.
– Neil Mitchell maintained his #1 position. He continues to drive the Melbourne agenda, as proven yet again today with front page reports showing his series of exclusives on Victoria’s police numbers has rocked the Andrews government. His market share of 15.5% puts him clearly ahead of all competitors.
– Denis Walter continued to entertain and inform his audience with a strong 10.7% share.
– Tom Elliott ’s refreshing, engaging and opinionated talkback style in the highly-competitive
Drive 3-6pm timeslot, delivered a 11.2% share.
– Weekends were #1 with 11.9% share. Darren James continued to lead the way on
weekend mornings with his unique delivery of information and entertainment.
– Weekday Evenings (Steve Price 8-10 #1 with 13.3% , Nightline 10-12 #1 with 25.2% )
“This is great result to round off a fantastic year for 3AW. Number One all year on All Radio. Thanks to all our teams working hard to remain Melbourne’s favourite radio station” 3AW Operations Director, Stephen Beers, said.