Remote Radio Week for UNESCO which will take place 1-5 November 2021, with the week devoted to helping radio stations broadcast remotely.
With 100% of the content online and in four languages, the week will include insights and suggestions on how to keep stations broadcasting through any crisis.
Day 1: The Radio Connection – 1 November 2021 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – UTC+01:00
Media of proximity/ companionship, info/fake news, entertainment, education…
- How important is radio during a pandemic or any type of crisis? What are the benefits it brings?
- Good Governance / Human Resource Management
- Accessibility for the disabled
- Masterclass: How to develop local revenues for radio, independant from donor funding, for sustanability (subscriptions, affiliation, branded content / sponsored podcast, audio branding…)
- Disinformation (How radio can fight against fake news…)
Day 2: Home Studio – 2 November 2021 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – UTC+01:00
Audio interface, mics, headphones, accessories, recording/editing/mixing workstation/acoustics/isolation/podcasts, all-in-one solutions, DIY….
- How should you equip your home studio for professional FM radio or podcasts?
- Advice on how to produce a high-quality broadcast from a home studio
- Visual Radio
- Masterclass: Interactive radio
- Domestic Violence (how radio can bring awareness to gender-based violence…)
Day 3: Remote Contribution – 3 November 2021 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – UTC+01:00
Live broadcasts, emergency, interview-multiplex, remote debates, AoIP codecs, telephony, quality-latency-resilience, security…
- How to manage audio contributions from home
- 10 apps for radio journalists
- Radio in a box (autonomous solutions for emergency situation)
- Masterclass: Mojo/Mobile Journalism (Inexpensive / using the bare minimum)
- Regularly Reporting on COVID (how radio can produce programmes on COVID…)
Day 4: Cloud Radio – 4 November 2021 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – UTC+01:00
Music and news scheduling, live broadcasts, voice tracking, remote advertising/trafficking, remote playout, security, VPN, backup…
- Why should radio broadcasters make use of the cloud?
- Tips on the best features to use when operating your radio from the cloud
- Cybersecurity / Data privacy
- Masterclass: Free and open source radio tools
- The voice of indigenous people
Day 5: Audio Everywhere – 5 November 2021 – 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. – UTC+01:00
Streaming, podcast hosting, hyperdistribution, social networks…
- How to deliver a quality audio program on all listening devices live and on- demand and how to adapt content?
- Social Audio / Covid
- Freedom of information / Podcast)
- Masterclass Social Audio : Extending delivery of broadcast (or radio) content to new platforms
- Education/Information (How radio can ease universal access to education and information?)
- Closing session What’s next ? (Replay, Resources, WRD22…)