As the wonderful world of wireless awaits the announcement of 2GB’s new Drive host, another decision looms large for Nine Radio, and that is who replaces John Burns on breakfast at 3AW.
Late last year John announced that he would be retiring this year, breaking apart the successful Ross & John breakfast program.
His retirement was due to coincide with the now rescheduled Tokyo Olympics and his 75th birthday, and on announcing his retirement he said, “I’ve had 20 of the most fun and fruitful years of my life here and am looking forward to my next chapter with 3AW.”
Ross Stevenson and John Burns have enjoyed an extraordinary 145 consecutive surveys hosting Melbourne’s No. 1 breakfast show.
So who are the candidates for the soon to be vacated breakfast chair.
- John Burns, because he changes his mind as the Tokyo Olympics have been moved to 2021.
- Steve Price because he is still looking for a gig, and he has broadcast into Melbourne
- Alan Jones. No not really, though it would be fun to watch the Melbourne media and public react to that announcement.
- Join the GB and AW breakfast shows with Ben Fordham in the Sydney studio and Ross in Melbourne. That could make very interesting listening as each try to make his city the predominant part of the program.
- Red Symons has filled in for Neil Mitchell and is already a proven performer in Melbourne breakfast radio.
- Jacinta Parsons and Sami Shah
Who is your nomination, let radioinfo know by filling in the comments field below.