Capital Radio Network has a vacancy for an experienced journalist to join our team. This is a full-time role based in Canberra providing news bulletins for stations across our network.
Working in a fast-paced newsroom, you will be responsible for sourcing, researching and creating news content for on-air and online.
The responsibilities for this position include and are not limited to:
- Sourcing, researching and writing news stories
- Interviewing newsmakers and sourcing on-air audio for content
- Presenting news bulletins
- Live crosses into on-air programs
- On the road reporting
- Assist Announcers and Producers in developing and creating content
To be considered for this vacancy you will need the following:
- The relevant tertiary qualifications in journalism or communications
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Can work to tight deadlines
- A thorough understanding of media law and industry codes
- A current driver’s licence
- Strong editorial judgement
Your application should include a cover letter, résumé and mp3 demo. This position is an immediate start.
Send your application to:
Group Program Director