Nine. Australia’s Media Company.
Underpinned by our people, our strategic focus is on content, connections and growth.
Driven by our purpose – Australia belongs here – and guided by our values – walk the talk, turn over every stone, keep it human – we are the home of Australia’s most loved content and trusted brands across News, Sport, and Entertainment.
In our total audio business we are building Talk Radio for the next generation. We are Australia’s number one Commercial News/Talk network with millions of Australians trusting us to provide live and local News, Sport and Weather every day in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and online.
In our total audio business we are building talk radio for the next generation across 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join us at our Sydney Radio headquarters.
The successful candidate will be responsible not only for providing technical leadership to our team of Broadcast IT support engineers at 2GB in Sydney, you will join the design and build team for the four new Radio stations that we are currently building across Australia, as an Audio over IP and Radio workflow Subject Matter Expert. As such, you will be an experienced Radio system expert with knowledge and experience setting up and supporting Radio broadcast studio facilities and driving efficiencies in broadcast technical operations.
You have a passion for Radio and telling stories. You love to see how technology enables creativity and you understand that people are at the heart of everything we do.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Managing technical support and providing technical leadership to the Sydney radio team and the broader national Nine Radio technology group
- Engaging in workshops and design meetings for our new Radio broadcast facility builds
- Supporting and managing existing broadcast Audio over IP infrastructure, troubleshooting issues and deploying new systems
- Maintaining technical documentation for 2GB and our new facilities in development
- Participating in an on-call roster with some out-of-hours work when required
- Working collaboratively with other Nine Technology and internal teams (locally and nationally) to provide mentoring, support and solutions for the benefit of the business
- Extensive experience as a team lead or manager in a technology Support and/or Build role within the Radio Broadcasting industry
- Formal qualifications in audio engineering, electronic engineering, IT/networking or related technology preferred but other relevant equivalent qualifications and experience will be considered
- Experience deploying and supporting the following Radio broadcast software and hardware
- Telos Alliance / Axia products
- Lawo broadcast systems including VSM
- Broadcast Bionics
- Tieline Codecs
- Cisco networking
- Factum Radioscape and DAB+
- AM Radio transmission links, monitoring and transmitter systems
What you’ll get in return at Nine.
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited résumés