Life at 2GB:
Nine is a leading multi-platform media network, engaging audiences across our Radio Business which is home to Sydney’s number one station – 2GB. You can be part of the team that Sydney turns to for breaking news and information on what’s happening locally, nationally and around the globe. 2GB is home to Walkley Award winning journalists, Australia’s best-known commentators and the most influential broadcasters: Ben Fordham, Ray Hadley, Deborah Knight and Brooke Corte. We lead the way in news and sport coverage, and are proud to host Wide World of Sports. You will truly be working with and learning from top journalists in the industry.
If Sydney is talking about it, we’re talking about it – and that’s why you don’t want to miss this great opportunity!
About the Role:
Nine News is looking for an experienced radio journalist to join the team full-time in the 2GB newsroom in Pyrmont, Sydney.
In this role, you will prepare, edit and present live news and sport bulletins on Sydney’s premier news and talk radio station and our national network of stations.
Your duties will include:
- Generating, researching, editing and presenting stories that are accurate and legally sound with correct spelling and grammar
- Contributing to setting the agenda with ideas and find breaking news and sport content
- Editing bulletins for Sydney and National audiences
- Making editorial decisions on news and sports coverage
- Presenting live, time-out bulletins, as well as recorded bulletins
- Conducting interviews with a variety of newsmakers
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct and regulations
- Working a range of shifts including weekends
- Taking direction from the Sydney News Director as well as shift editors
We know you’re sold, so enough about us, let’s talk about you.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and skill in both editing and presenting radio news and sport bulletins.
You will love the fast pace of the newsroom when a big story is breaking. You’ll have a solid grasp of the news agenda and be interested in everything from politics to crime, global news events and sport.
In order to be successful for this role, you will have:
- Experience as a journalist in a radio newsroom
- The ability to write fast, accurate copy and meet rolling deadlines under pressure
- Experience editing hourly or half-hourly news and sport bulletins
- Solid presentation skills, demonstrated in live and pre-recorded news bulletins
- Strong grammar and research skills
- Excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude
- An understanding of media law and industry codes of conduct and regulations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- A car Driver Licence
This is an opportunity to grow your career alongside the best in the business. Roles within 2GB offer you not only career opportunities in radio, but being part of the broader Nine network, greater exposure to our other leading platforms.
This is a permanent, full-time position that will involve some shift work.
To express your interest in the role, please submit an application, and email an audio file demonstrating your on-air experience to [email protected]
What you’ll get in return at Nine:
- Career development and quality training
- Up to 16 weeks paid primary carer’s parental leave
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hybrid Working/Flexible working
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
- Nine Cares
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
At Nine, we are committed to fostering a workforce that embraces all aspects of diversity and inclusion and where practices are equitable to ensure our people experience a sense of belonging. From day one, you’ll be encouraged to bring your whole self to work and will be supported to perform at your best. Should you require any adjustments to the recruitment process in order to equitably participate, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and of all ages, nationalities, backgrounds and cultures.
Nine’s Workplace Condition of Entry:
Nine is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and doing what is reasonably practical to protect our people, including visitors to all Nine sites and events.
Disclaimer: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes