2SER is currently seeking expressions of interest for a Managing Director to lead the strategic planning and setting of objectives to meet the 2SER vision of being a centre of excellence for media production and training, being a leading contributor to the diversity of the media landscape, and offering students and graduates valuable and authentic industry experience, career development and job readiness support.
2SER is a not-for-profit, independent, educational community radio station which broadcasts to the greater Sydney area on 107.3 FM, 2SER Digital and via 2ser.com. For almost 40 years, 2SER has provided Sydney with specialist music, news, opinion and current affairs programs that offer a unique insight into alternative culture and ideas that are largely ignored by the mainstream.
As the Managing Director, you will be responsible for:
• Leading a team of dedicated broadcasting professionals and volunteers in the pursuit of creating educational and independent content tailored for the community
• Strategic planning and the setting of objectives to meet 2SER’s mission and the development and implementation of policies and procedures in line with these objectives
• Ensuring the effective strategic financial management of 2SER
• Maintaining programming output that meets the information and other needs of the 2SER audience, ensuring that 2SER continues in its position as a leading community radio broadcaster
• Working closely with the University of Technology Sydney, Macquarie University and the wider community to identify opportunities for students to become involved with 2SER as part of their studies
• Maintaining 2SERs commitment to ethical broadcasting and business practices as its top priority
As the ideal candidate, you will be:
1. An experienced broadcasting and digital media professional with experience leading an organisation in either field.
2. Capable of the strategic management of organisational resources including financial, technological, information, communication and human resources.
3. Passionate about community broadcasting and its objectives and be committed to ethical practice, equity and diversity and the application of Equal Opportunity and Occupational Health and Safety principles and practices.
4. An effective communicator and be able to negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict.
5. Capable of critically analysing complex issues and exercising sound judgement.
This is a full-time, continuing position located at 2ser’s Sydney studios on the campuses of two dynamic universities – UTS (Broadway, Sydney) and Macquarie University (North Ryde, Sydney)
A competitive and attractive remuneration package is on offer, based on experience.
For any enquires and a confidential discussion about the role please contact the UTS Recruitment Team or [email protected]
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter responding to the five selection criteria mentioned above.
Only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC228446 and your name.
Closing Date Monday 7th November 2022 at 11.59pm (AEST).
2SER reserves the right to remove the job advertisement at short notice.