Employment Opportunity – Communications & Content Coordinator
Fulltime, or part time 0.8 FTE not including the Trip Editor duties – please specify which in your application
Triple R overview
Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne. Since its inception in 1976, Triple R has become Australia’s most influential independent community radio station with almost 21,000 subscribers and donors and an estimated 1,000,000+ listeners per month.
General role description
The Communications & Content Coordinator is primarily responsible for overseeing the station’s communications and written and online content. This includes producing multi-platform content and editorial oversight of the station’s website, social media, EDM, press releases, visual branding and promotion, and Triple R’s tri-annual subscriber magazine, The Trip.
The position works closely with station volunteers and the programming and content staff to produce content, as well as overseeing specific promotional projects such as the annual Radiothon’s visual campaign, and reports to the Programming & Content Manager.
Key selection criteria
- Outstanding written communication skills and (text) editing experience
- Experience with image design, audio and video production
- Experience coordinating relationships with relevant external practitioners including other media, visual artists, designers, printers, publicity, sponsors and advertisers
- A demonstrated passion for communications and creating online content
- Demonstrated experience growing and maintaining a large social media following and online audience
- A demonstrated ability to test content ideas with, and to understand and respond to, analytics
- A demonstrated ability to drive projects and work autonomously
- A demonstrated passion for Triple R and/or community radio
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to work to both short term and long term deadlines
- Experience within community radio
- Good knowledge of Triple R programming and ethos
- Experience developing social media strategy for a broadcaster
- Experience creating and coordinating production schedules and budgets to ensure all communications and content are delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Experience developing communications strategy
- Experience working with volunteers
- Graphic design experience
- Public Relations experience
- Copywriting experience
- A relevant qualification
Triple R especially welcomes applications from people of the following groups – feel free to let us know if they apply to you:
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- People with disability
- People who identify as LGBTIQA+
- Young people (Under 26)
Please email [email protected] to request a copy of the full Position Description.
All applicants MUST provide the following in a single PDF document:
- Cover letter
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, outlined above
- A current CV
- Whether you’re applying for the full time role, or the part time 0.8 FTE role, which does not include the Trip Editor duties.
Please email your application to [email protected] with the subject header “Online Content Coordinator – <your name>”.
Applications close Monday 16th May at 9am.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Interviews are anticipated to take place late May.