Triple R overview
For more than 45 years, Triple R has shaped and inspired the culture of Melbourne. Since its inception in 1976, Triple R has become Australia’s most influential independent community radio station with almost 21,000 subscribers and an estimated 1,000,000+ listeners per month.
General role description
The Talks Content Producer (Breakfasters) is responsible for overseeing all interviews, content and guests on the Breakfasters program, and on all talks-based programs outside of 9 am-12 pm Monday to Friday. The role provides support to and liaises with paid and volunteer presenters on talks-based on-air and online content, including podcasts. It also involves coordinating coverage and maintaining relationships with various arts, cultural and community organisations and festivals across Melbourne and beyond.
The person in the role works closely with the Talks Content Producer (Training) and supports the Programming & Content Manager in a range of capacities as required. There are a number of other related duties including general presenter support, studio management, volunteer supervision, coordination of special programming projects, and occasional assistance with outside broadcasts, Radiothon and other fundraisers, talks-based live broadcasts and Triple R events that may fall outside of regular working hours.
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
● Breakfasters Producer
● Producer for all talks shows outside 9 am-12 pm Monday to Friday
● Presenter and content support
● Program & Content Manager support
Key selection criteria
● Experience in radio production or journalism demonstrating strong editorial judgement
● Talks radio presentation experience
● Demonstrated experience providing critical feedback to attain positive outcomes
● A thorough understanding of broadcast regulations, community radio and the codes of practice, and Triple R in particular
● A strong knowledge of and interest in a range of social and cultural issues and an affinity with Triple R values
● Established networks and contacts with a range of arts, cultural and community organisations
● First-class interpersonal and collaborative skills demonstrating a strong commitment to teamwork and outcomes for others
● Excellent organisational skills
● Demonstrated strong work ethic
● Content production experience across web and social media
● Podcasting experience
● Radio presenter training and development experience
● Experience designing presenter training materials
● Live radio event/outside broadcast production experience
● Demonstrated cultural awareness working with under-represented groups
● Experience within the community broadcasting sector
● Experience working with volunteers
● A strong knowledge and appreciation of independent music, arts and literature
● Appropriate educational qualifications
Triple R especially welcomes applications from people of the following groups – feel free to let us know if they apply to you:
● Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples
● People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
● People with disability
● People who identify as LGBTIQA+
● Young people (Under 26)
Please email [email protected] to request a copy of the full position description.
All applicants MUST provide the following in a single PDF document:
● Cover letter
● A statement addressing the selection criteria, outlined above
● A current CV
Please email your application to [email protected] with the subject header
“Talks ContentProducer – <your name>”.
Applications close at 9 am on Monday 1 May
Late applications will not be accepted.