PROMOTIONS MANAGER – CAIRNS
Star 102.7 and 4CA is proudly live and local and part of the Grant Broadcasters radio network, one of Australia’s leading family owned and operated media business, with over 500 staff operating 52 commercial stations in every state and territory.
We have an exciting role available for an experienced Promotions Manager to join our Cairns team. The role will represent our stations Star 102.7 and 4CA in the Far North Queensland region.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Promotions Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of promotional activities for the market. Whilst radio specific experience is desirable, it is not essential, however a background in media brand, sponsorship and events management will be a distinct advantage.
This fun and challenging role involves organising and running our station promotions and events, lots of outdoor activities, action and lots of work. You need to be well presented, motivated, and able to handle the pressure of lots of things happening at once and do it all with big genuine smile.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- a professional media or events management background, with proven ability to be creative and innovative
- the ability to create and deliver compelling commercial and community promotional opportunities
- first-class negotiation and presentation skills
- exceptional communication skills with an ability to deal with people at all levels both internally and externally
- that they are an inspirational team player capable of working within a fast-paced and highly demanding environment
- excellent time management and multitasking skills
- a passion for the media industry
- the ability to work autonomously in a highly competitive environment
This is a permanent position with immediate start and this person in this position will be required to work outside normal office hours and some weekends.
Please send your resume outlining your relevant experience to
Applications close Friday 17 December 2021*
*Unless position filled beforehand
** As radio is an essential service, proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required before any offer of employment is made