Job no: 502037
Work type: Contract Full Time
Categories: Production/Content, Commissioning/Content Development
- Fixed term contract – 12 months
- Location – a mixture of WFH and ABC locations
- Build strong engagement with local audiences
- Work alongside some of the ABC’s most respected journalists
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQ+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
Audio News and Current Affairs
You will be joining the ABC’s leading audio team, which produces content for a range of listening, including NewsRadio, national news bulletins, Triple J news, AM, The World Today, PM and digital-first products including the News Stream and podcasts including Coronacast, ABC News Daily, This Week and China, If You’re Listening
About the Role
Unique opportunity to coordinate the production and delivery of audio on demand content from a variety of ABC program teams, to ensure a broad range of regional, local and national stories are available and relevant to a broad audience. The role will include:
- Commissioning content from across the ABC network for inclusion in audio on demand products, including flash bulletins and segmented audio for the News Stream on the Listen app and smart speakers.
- Sourcing varied, creative and engaging stories from across the ABC, including regional and local news and current affairs, national issues, sports and entertainment content.
- Advising a range of journalists and content teams from around the ABC network, educating them about audio on demand consumption habits and training them in best practice audio on demand storytelling.
You are an experienced journalist or producer who has worked in a high pressure news environment. Your skills and experience will include;
- Independent and precise editorial judgment and considerable experience preparing and assessing program content of a complex nature, with speed and accuracy.
- Sound experience in sub-editing, planning, gathering and producing innovative news output.
- Demonstrated understanding of the law as it relates to broadcasting and publishing.
- Highly developed understanding of audio on demand content, platforms and diverse audience consumption habits.
- A diverse perspective of storytelling to ensure its relevant and relatable to a broad range of Australians, from different, political, demographic, social and cultural backgrounds.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: ABC AudioOnDemandCoordinator
We would love to see your work. Please submit material with your application online (include examples, links to websites or attach audio/video files up to 5MB).
For further information on this position please contact Tanya Nolan, Managing Editor, Audio News and Current Affairs at [email protected]
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
The ABC has a vaccination policy that requires employees to meet vaccination requirements for those working in some high-risk environments or circumstances. Many roles will require adherence to this policy as an inherent requirement of performing the role.