- Lead and manage our popular Local Radio Breakfast and Mornings programs
- 1 x Sydney Location (Ultimo and Parramatta)
- 1 x Melbourne Location (Southbank)
- Full Time, Permanent Roles
- Build strong engagement with local audiences
- $117K to $129K plus 15.4% Nominated Super
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services, the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with a disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information about working at the ABC, please feel free to explore our careers page at https://www.abc.net.au/careers/
About the Role
ABC Local Radio, home of Australian stories, conversations and events that shape our nation, is seeking an Executive Producer to lead and manage our popular Local Radio Breakfast and Mornings programs across multiple platforms. There are two positions available, one in Sydney and one in Melbourne. Both are newly created roles that will see you manage the output of the programs to achieve the highest level of editorial and creative standards, meeting program and network briefs. Early starts will be required for this shift.
- Oversee the flow of stories across both AM programs, ensuring strong communication and story management between the teams and across the station.
- Provide high-level editorial leadership and effective communication between the teams and station management.
- Manage and review staff output and performance, developing team skills.
- Oversee logistical, budgetary and rostering aspects of the program, in consultation with station management.
- Develop and implement digital strategies on social media, online and through audio segmentation to build our audience.
- Drive program planning and strategic content initiatives to build audience reach.
- Develop and foster a wide network of contacts and sources, liaising and managing key relationships, both internally and externally to the ABC.
The Sydney position will initially be based in Ultimo and in 2024 will move across to Parramatta.
You are an experienced leader with experience in radio, great editorial skills and excellent editorial judgment. You have an understanding of radio and online audiences, trends and social media strategies and the ability to source and analyse particularly complex information.
Your skills and experience will include:
- Outstanding leadership skills with demonstrated experience in managing the editorial, creative, planning and production functions of program teams.
- Ability to develop staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance and output.
- Experience in driving a digital strategy to attract, retain and build the audience.
- Proven success as an editorial team leader with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to make immediate and reliable decisions as required.
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
For further information on the Sydney-based position please contact Elizabeth Green, Content Director, ABC Local Radio Sydney via [email protected]
For further information on the Melbourne-based position please contact Shelley Hadfield, Manager ABC Local Radio Melbourne on 0409 801 977
We cannot accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.