- Great opportunity to join an iconic Australian brand
- Use you ear for sound to ensure the smooth running of our Radio transmissions
- Ultimo, Sydney: Convenient CBD location (near Central Station)
- Permanent, full time opportunity
The ABC strives for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people with disability and LGBTIQA+ individuals. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.
For more information on inclusive employee networks within the ABC please refer to Life Page on ABC LinkedIn.
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation’s most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,000 employees from diverse backgrounds across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, we are proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality content that informs, educates and entertains Australian communities.
About the Role
The ABC are seeking a responsive MCR Operator to operate ‘the Radio Master Control Room and support local program and network needs by monitoring and maintaining production, distribution and program delivery systems. This role is vital to the smooth running of our Radio transmissions and requires an ear for good sound, and someone who has an instinctively decisive response to the unexpected.
Under the direction of the MCR Operator Lead, you will:
- Operate and monitor local/state transmission and related equipment
- Address and conflicting scheduling instructions
- Contribute to complex projects
- Maintain and develop operating procedures, whilst implementing solutions for improved workflows and technologies
- Provide training, support and development plans for inexperienced staff
- Provide first line maintenance of transmission path, locate and log faults and provide diagnostic support to Technology Support staff
We are seeking a technically minded person with expertise and experience in Broadcast Operations, Systems Engineering, or Sound Engineering who can contribute to keeping every ABC network on air. You will have some broad based knowledge of radio transmission operations, computer systems or can eagerly pick up new technologies. This role requires the ability to work under pressure and the confidence and skills to problem solve in seconds. You are resilient and have the calm presence to react to alarms and demands with composure and assurance.
To be a success in this role you will:
- The ability to deliver complex studio and switching requirements
- A proactive approach to maintaining transmission quality and reporting faults to ensure studio equipment is maintained and operating to broadcast specifications
- Excellent organisation, communication and problem solving skills.
- Prepared to work shift work or uncommon work hours.
For further details on the role and requirements, please refer to the full position description: 30001193 MCR OPERATOR.pdf
For further information on this position please contact Chris Stedman, Radio MCR Lead on 0402 844 880. We are unable to accept email applications, please ensure that you submit your application via the online portal.
We respectfully request that Recruitment Agencies do not submit applications for this position.
The ABC has a vaccination policy that requires employees to meet vaccination requirements for those working in some high-risk environments or circumstances. Some roles will require adherence to this policy as an inherent requirement of performing the role.