Discipline Lead, Radio and Podcasting – Fixed Term (2 years), Full Time
AFTRS is Australia’s Screen and Broadcast School, working hand-in-hand with industry to be a global centre of excellence that delivers the highest level of screen and broadcast education, training and research across Australia.
We are looking for a highly skilled audio storytelling industry practitioner with strong experience in teaching and mentoring to join our team in developing and delivering the Graduate Diploma in Radio and Podcasting as Discipline Lead. Under the direction of the Program Convenor, the Discipline Lead works collaboratively to co-determine, develop, and deliver the Graduate Diploma in Radio and Podcasting.
About the role:
The position is responsible for:
- Teaching (lectures, workshops, seminars, and mentoring) of students and the delivery of specific subjects and the management of the teaching team.
- Development of curriculum in your discipline area including creating high-quality teaching materials and contributing to the development of the program.
- Creating an inclusive and respectful learning culture.
- Fulfilling all academic management and quality administration duties.
- Ensuring relevant policies and procedures are adhered to regarding academic quality planning and delivery.
- Engaging in specific projects including research activities in accordance with the AFTRS’ research strategy.
- Liaising with external stakeholders at the highest levels including industry guests, industry placements and other key industry organisations to:
- Maximise career opportunities for AFTRS’ students;
- Ensure industry currency and engagement of your discipline within the program in accordance with the outcomes and aspirations of AFTRS Corporate strategy, Creating the Future.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully and create inclusive working and learning environments in the co-creation of curriculum or industrial productions.
- Demonstrated capacity to teach, mentor or develop staff at Higher Education, Further Education or similarly high level in industry and an understanding of the latest approaches in creative pedagogy and inclusive and flexible learning approaches.
- Proven leadership in either the relevant industry or academic context with evidence of strategic management and high-level staff supervision.
- Substantial professional experience in your discipline and the ability to draw on current networks across the Australian Screen and Broadcast sector, to enrich the program and provide opportunities for students.
- Understanding of future industry trends within your discipline and education and ability to inform high-level strategy for AFTRS and curriculum.
- Demonstrated general management ability and capacity to use tools and software specific to your discipline and those technologies used in course planning and delivery including the oversight of teaching materials, learning management systems, resources, collaborative working tools and contemporary office software (spreadsheets, word, PowerPoint) to strong level.
- Commitment to academic quality and progression standards, and student support through monitoring and implementation of relevant policies and procedures
- Tertiary qualifications and / or equivalent industry experience in a relevant area.
This position is open to all Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
If you wish to apply, please complete an application on our Jobs Portal https://jobs.aftrs.edu.au/recruitment/ Select the Discipline Lead, Radio & Podcasting position to read the Position Description and commence your application.
As a creative organisation, we understand the importance of offering flexible working to support your own creativity, wellbeing, and balance. We will genuinely consider applications for job share and part time working. We also support working from home and flexible working hours.
AFTRS is committed to building a richly diverse staff and faculty. AFTRS actively supports and appreciates workplace diversity, First Nations values, and we strongly encourage and welcome applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from a wide range of backgrounds and people with a disability. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments through our recruitment and selection process. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, please email [email protected] or call 9805 6610.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a Working with Children Check.
Salary: AFTRS Academic 3 Tier 2 + up to 15.4% super, and excellent benefits.
The closing date for Discipline Lead Radio and Podcasting is 28 November 2022 11:59pm. Please ensure you have submitted your application via our Jobs Portal before the closing date. Late applications cannot be accepted.