Broadcast Operations Coordinator (Sydney or Melbourne)
Sports Entertainment Group is a sports media content and entertainment business, with the unique capability to deliver brand stories to national audiences across Australia via multiple platforms including radio, print, television, digital, in-stadium and events. We currently own and operate over 20 radio stations in all States and Territories including Melbourne’s 1116 SEN and Sydney’s 1170 SEN.
We are looking for a Broadcast Operations Coordinator to assist us in the day to day running of the technical operations at SEN.
Join our team in either Melbourne or Sydney
MONITORING AND ROUTINE CHECKS
Manage and maintain signal routing paths and continuity of transmission for multiple live channels to air in a state-of-the-art digital media playout centre.
- Undertake monitoring and routine checks of transmission infrastructure and control systems.
- Participate in monitoring SEN Radio Stations and Syndicated Shows to ensure what is being scheduled is going to air, carted material is refreshed regularly and clashes between talent voices and content are managed.
- Recommend changes to imaging.
- Communicate any Content or Traffic issues as they occur to the relevant stakeholders.
- Understanding of the Commercial Radio Codes of Practice and Gambling Compliance and playing a part in ensuring the SEN Radio Stations and Syndicated Shows are compliant.
- Constantly thinking and recommending ways to improve the output of Broadcast Operations.
- Schedule Station Promos/Content IDs/Station IDs as directed by the Content Team that best enhance the sound of the radio stations.
- Ensure all client integration imaging and material is scheduled as sold.
- Coordinate ad hoc transfers of programming content between client sites and the broadcast facility.
- Management of routing paths for broadcast of both linear and streaming services.
- Knowledge of Radio Playout software and accompanying systems such as Wide Orbit, Zetta, GSelector, Aquira, and audio editing software such as Audacity/Adobe Audition.
- Be the first point of contact for all internal and external broadcast partner phone calls and tickets, responding in a timely manner.
- Assist in the rostering and training of panel operators to ensure coverage and flawless delivery of all broadcasts.
- Know the importance of being on-air 24/7 and being off-air is a rare occurrence. Doing everything to ensure none of our SEN Radio Stations or Syndicated Shows are ever off-air.
- Knowing the Talent and Producers on all SEN Radio Stations and Syndicated Shows and responding to on-air issues quickly and calmly to address the concerns.
- Other tasks as required, including but not limited to clock/log building, admin tasks such as satellite bookings and publishing of the SEN and syndicated live sport guides.
IT & BROADCAST OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Ad hoc and occasional overflow support for the IT Manager.
- Assist with local Office IT needs and Interstate IT needs as required.
- Broadcast Operations Team support as required.
- Other ad-hoc tasks where necessary
Use the link to apply via Seek