Communication & Digital Marketing Manager – 7 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Competitive remuneration
- 7-month fixed term contract
- Sydney location, other locations and virtual/hybrid work arrangements will be considered
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a leading member based, for purpose organisation. We provide programs and services that aim to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of over 450 community radio and media organisations.
With over five million listeners each week, community radio plays a vital role in providing a voice for multicultural, First Nations and other underrepresented groups, as well as supporting independent and emerging musicians, and communities not adequately serviced by other media services.
Due to the current incumbent taking on a secondment opportunity, CBAA is seeking to engage a Communication & Digital Marketing Manager on a temporary basis.
As a key role within the CBAA, you will utilise your digital marketing and communication expertise accompanied by your interpersonal skills to:
- Mentor and manage a small team,
- Lead the implementation of the CBAA’s marketing and communications strategy whilst the current incumbent is on secondment and embed the communications team as a business partner.
- Implement the 2022-23 Marketing and Communications Strategy
- Lead a small team to deliver on the strategy, providing leadership and guidance
- Develop campaigns and oversee implementation
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver the updated brand architecture
- Prepare and circulate internal communications in consultation with Executive team
- Finalise and implement Diversity Framework with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the CEO and Policy Advisor in communicating the outcomes of the Advocacy Strategy
Your success profile will include:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a similar marketing leadership role
- Sophisticated digital marketing knowledge and demonstrated experience
- High level demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven strategic thinking and ability to solve complex problems
- Strong campaign development and implementation skills
- Superior analytical, proofreading and writing skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects
- Demonstrated ability to nurture and up-skill team members
- Strong computer literacy and willingness to use/learn to use a range of online tools (Salesforce, Pardot, Xero, Creative Cloud, Canva, WordPress, Slack, MS Office suite etc.)
- Superior organisational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity with community broadcasting operation and issues in Australia, and/or the media industry more broadly
- Experience within not-for-profit community based, and/or membership-based organisations.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an organisation that makes a real difference, this is the role for you.
CBAA has a policy of inclusion, and we welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, people from a diversity of genders, cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
The position is envisaged as full-time and flexible working arrangements, including other locations and virtual / hybrid work arrangements, will be considered for the right candidate.
Please submit your resume (max 3 pages) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the essential success profile criteria and reason for your application via Seek / Ethical Jobs. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
All applications should be emailed to [email protected]. Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email [email protected]