Digital Radio Project – Operations Coordinator
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Responsible for project coordination and administration
- Sydney location, other locations and virtual/hybrid work arrangements will be considered
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a leading member-based, for-purpose organisation. We provide programs and services that aim to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of over 450 community radio and media organisations.
With over five million listeners each week, community radio plays a vital role in providing a voice for multicultural, First Nations and other underrepresented groups, as well as supporting independent and emerging musicians, and communities not adequately serviced by other media services.
Provides project coordination and administration to support the operation of community digital radio broadcast services and the national Digital Radio Project (DRP), including regular station liaison and stakeholder management.
The Digital Radio Project currently operates and supports the delivery of over 60 DAB+ live-to-air radio services nationally, and manages digital platform infrastructure, service delivery, and data systems for digital services on behalf of all eligible community radio licensees.
- General project administration including financial reports and broadcast agreements, and maintaining project documentation and information systems
- Providing administrative support to community radio licensee Digital Representative Companies (DRCs)
- Maintenance and monitoring of data systems via CRM
- Data and training for DAB+ metadata maintenance
- Managing enquiries, communications and follow up on digital radio and with stations operating digital radio services
- Support project coordination, planning, service development and establishment of new DAB+ services
Your success profile will include:
- A familiarity and interest in the community broadcasting sector and radio broadcast operations
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated project management or project coordination experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Developed writing and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and use of data-base systems and online tools
- Proven stakeholder management skills and experience
- Superior organisational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and autonomously
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an organisation that makes a real difference, this is the role for you.
CBAA has a policy of inclusion, and we welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, people from a diversity of genders, cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
The position is envisaged as full-time and flexible working arrangements, including other locations and virtual / hybrid work arrangements, will be considered for the right candidate.
Please submit your résumé (max 3 pages) and a cover letter (max 2 pages) addressing the essential success profile criteria and reason for your application to the Digital Radio Project Team Leader via Seek / Ethical Jobs.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email [email protected]