- Support CBAA’s multiple product and service teams to ensure the smooth delivery of content via satellite broadcast, DAB+ and online services
- Supporting day-to-day operations of infrastructure and software to ensure public-facing systems are functioning, while ensuring internal systems maintain efficient ways of working
- Location Sydney, NSW
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a leading member-based, for-purpose organisation. We provide programs and services that aim to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of over 450 community radio and media organisations.
With over five million listeners each week, community radio plays a vital role in providing a voice for multicultural, First Nations and other underrepresented groups, as well as supporting independent and emerging musicians, and communities not adequately serviced by other media services.
Provides support to internal stakeholders (our staff) and our members (community radio stations) across day-to-day infrastructure and IT operations issues. This role will be the key contact for handling infrastructure and technology matters, continually seeking improvements and enhancements within internal operations.
Support to staff will include administration and troubleshooting across numerous platforms and software products as well as coordinating an IT Managed service provider and other external providers. Supporting our community radio stations involves monitoring and maintaining broadcast and product services, as well as providing technical support as needed either individually or in group forums.
This is a full-time, Sydney-based role with flexible work conditions, allowing for hybrid work arrangements to be considered.
- Assist with broadcast service availability monitoring and fault resolution
- Provide network switching, routing, and firewall administration support
- Provide internal technical administration support for online services and websites
- Assist with maintenance of IT systems documentation and asset registers
- Provide technical guidance and support to members experiencing difficulties with accessing or using services
- Assist with ongoing M365 administration
- Assist with the integration and rollout of staff systems
- Perform Domain, Active Directory and DNS management
- Perform resource usage, licensing and access auditing
- Ensure the smooth functioning of Salesforce by performing regular updates, maintenance and administration
- Manage administration of internal staff software and subscriptions including purchasing of new software, renewals,
- Coordinate with IT Managed Service Providers and external contractors as required
- Occasional out-of-hours on-site support for broadcast systems may be required
Your success profile will include:
- Certificate IV or degree in information technology or equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with audio and media systems – exposure to studio or audio-visual systems
- Experience administering M365 – Exchange, SharePoint
- Familiarity with hybrid Active Directory / Azure Active Directory environments
- Familiarity with Microsoft Hyper-V (or similar) virtual environments, and cloud environments in Azure, AWS
- Understanding of Salesforce and other CRM software
- Knowledge of IT security principles and best practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional commitment to client service.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and build rapport with key stakeholders.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and autonomously.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an organisation that makes a real difference, this is the role for you.
CBAA has a policy of inclusion and we welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, people from a diversity of genders, cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
To apply submit your résumé (max three pages) and a cover letter (max one page) addressing the requirements and reason for your application to the Infrastructure and Technology Lead, via Seek / Ethical Jobs. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email [email protected]