- Competitive remuneration, Permanent Full-Time Contract
- Sydney location, other locations and virtual/hybrid work arrangements will be considered.
The Community Broadcasting Association of Australia (CBAA) is a leading member-based, for-purpose organisation. We provide programs and services that aim to strengthen the capacity and sustainability of over 450 community radio and media organisations.
With over five million listeners each week, community radio plays a vital role in providing a voice for multicultural, First Nations and other underrepresented groups. Community radio is a lifeline for communities during disasters, a key platform for local artists, and provides social connection and information to communities not adequately serviced by other media.
CBAA is seeking to engage a developing leader in marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilise your experience marketing business services to SMEs to support local community radio stations across Australia.
CBAA offers a range of affordable and essential services to support stations to be strong and resilient into the future. These include online and technology services, programming collaborations, training and networking events.
This role will be responsible for the development of strategic campaigns and related content and support materials, that ensure as many stations as possible are aware of and taking up these offerings. The broad adoption of CBAA services is key to the future success of community broadcasting in a constantly evolving and challenging audio market.
- Working with the communications team, and in collaboration with program managers and product leads, you will develop and execute marketing strategies for CBAA products and services.
- You will lead marketing for a variety of products and services including website services, streaming services, radio streaming applications, podcasting and on-demand audio software, digital radio technology, programming collaborations, news media sharing, services to promote airplay for Australian music, webinars and community radio’s biggest annual event, the CBAA Conference.
- Your responsibilities will be end-to-end and include understanding member needs, targeting campaigns, preparing communications, tracking engagements, and reporting on outcomes.
- You will coordinate and undertake a variety of activities including email marketing, social media, telemarketing, mail and event-based engagements.
Your success profile will include:
- Relevant tertiary degree or equivalent work experience in product and service sales and marketing.
- Previous experience in a marketing role
- Digital marketing skills
- Campaign development and implementation skills
- A passion for writing and sharing stories
- Strong computer literacy and willingness to use/learn to use a range of online tools (Salesforce, Pardot, Xero, Creative Cloud, Canva, WordPress, Slack, MS Office suite etc.)
- Organisation, attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in and/or familiarity with community broadcasting, the media industry, independent news, and Australian music
- Experience within not-for-profit, community-based, and/or membership-based organisations.
If you are seeking an opportunity to make an impact in an organisation that makes a real difference, this is the role for you.
CBAA has a policy of inclusion and we welcome and encourage applications from First Nations people, people from a diversity of genders, cultures, linguistic backgrounds, abilities and experiences.
The position is envisaged as full-time and flexible working arrangements, including other locations and virtual/hybrid work arrangements, will be considered for the right candidate.
To apply submit your résumé (max three pages) and a cover letter (max one page) addressing the requirements and reason for application to the Head of Advocacy and Communications via Seek / Ethical Jobs. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are strongly encouraged, and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for an interview as applications are received.
If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion about this role, please email [email protected]