Organisation: Community Media Training Organisation
Work Type: Casual
Sector: Education and Creative Industries
Salary Type: Hourly
Application Closing date: Taking Applications Ongoing
The CMTO is seeking trainers – for both accredited and non-accredited courses- as well as mentors for Leadership and Enterprise pathways programs throughout 2023 and 2024.
Trainers and mentors will support participants with courses, workshops and mentoring programs in a range of Leadership and Enterprise topics. This could be delivering a one-day face-to-face workshop at a station, online training, or weekly online mentoring meetups.
These courses include training on topics such as sponsorship and fundraising, grant writing, volunteer management, project planning and more – access the full list of courses on our website.
We are seeking trainers and mentors who have:
- Industry experience – media, arts, government, or community organisations
- Flexibility and time management skills
- A commitment to maintaining a safe and inclusive learning environment
- Training experience is preferred but is not essential
- Trainer and Mentor onboarding and support will be provided
- Have experience in providing quality adult learning and assessment within the Australian VET system [necessary for accredited trainers]
- Hold a current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) and/or other adult learning or teaching qualifications – you can also begin training with us while completing your TAE [necessary for accredited trainers]
This is a paid position – hours and rates vary depending on the program role.
Trainers and mentors are employed on a casual basis and, due to the nature of the community broadcasting sector, some after-hours and weekend work may be required.