- Do you want to be part of an exciting not-for-profit organisation committed to making a difference in the community?
- Have Journalism or Government agency communication experience?
As an evidence-based community support organisation, Fortem Australia provides Australia’s emergency service and national security families (working as employees or volunteers) with comprehensive and integrated wellbeing support. In short, our mission is to support the mental health and wellbeing of first responders and their families – the people who protect and care for our communities.
The role that makes a difference in people’s lives
This role will be a full-time fixed term with a contract end date of 30 June 2023 with the potential for extension. The location of this position is Canberra or can be flexible for the right candidate.
Within this role you will:
- Research, develop and tell stories of our emergency service and national security families for our website and newsletter (and for media as above) in accordance with Fortem’s Branding and Communications guidelines.
- Develop regular content for use on the website, in presentations, and in grants.
- Coordinate and author articles for a monthly newsletter for each geographic area.
- Create tailored/suitable content for Fortem’s social media channels
- Implement systems and report on metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of the communication.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Impact Specialist, create a content library to ensure Fortem has a ready supply of stories, articles, resources and research to share with our community.
- Assist with business documents including grants, funding proposals, annual reports, speeches
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Excellent attention to detail and administration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with individuals and groups from a variety of backgrounds.
- Experience in a similar Communications and Media role.
- Previous experience writing for a publication.
- Experience preferred in trauma-informed communication about and for mental health.
- Current Government (both State and Federal) connections or relationships also favourable.
Why choose us?
At Fortem, you will have the opportunity to support first responders and their families with mental health support. We offer:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave which includes birthday leave and Christmas shutdown period
- And work with a passionate team of people making a difference in the 1st Responder Community.
To learn more about us please visit our website at https://fortemaustralia.org.au/
Are you ready to make a difference?
Please don’t wait to apply. We will appoint the successful applicant if found before the closing date.
Apply via SEEK – using the link below
If you have any questions, please email our recruitment team at [email protected]