Hitz 939 and 4BU is proudly “live and local” and part of the Grant Broadcasters radio network, one of Australia’s leading family owned and operated media business, with over 500 staff operating 52 commercial stations in every state and territory.
We are on the hunt for a passionate new Announcer / Promotions Assistant to contribute to our inclusive and winning culture.
If you are a great communicator, love getting out and meeting your listeners, are ready for a new challenge and want to live on the beautiful coast of Queensland…
You will need to:
- Understand that “local radio” doesn’t just mean sitting in a studio in that city, we want someone that can make local content and connect with Bundaberg.
- Conduct on-air shifts both automated and live as rostered. This may include a regular weekend shift and voice track shifts for other markets.
- Keep abreast of news and entertainment stories both local, national and international that are relevant to the station’s audience.
- Represent the station off-site at station promotions, outside broadcasts and other events.
We would like you to have:
- A current and open motor vehicle licence in Australia.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience on-air.
- Advanced knowledge of digital media products including social media, content marketing and digital audience engagement.
- Expertise in creating and executing engaging content and promotional concepts.
- Expertise in the use of Zetta, Audition, Audata, Google and Microsoft’s suite of programs. Or have the ability to learn and master new programs quickly and proficiently
If you think you’re up to the challenge, send your resume and aircheck to:
Group Content Director
Applications close Friday 17 December 2021*
*Unless position filled beforehand
** As radio is an essential service, proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required before any offer of employment is made