Full-Time | Seven Hills, NSW
Are you an IT professional looking to serve Christ?
Do you want to work in the exciting and fast-paced broadcast media industry?
Hope Media has the perfect opportunity for someone with IT experience to broaden and expand their technical skills.
This rewarding role will be part of our friendly tech team providing IT solutions across a developing multi-platform media organisation as well as broadcast support to radio professionals. We are a forward-thinking organisation with an innovative culture working with quality industry standard broadcast infrastructure.
You will have the ability to train users individually and collectively and display good stakeholder and project management skills. You will also bring an ability to problem-solve, a willingness to serve using a customer-focused approach and a passion to work with, and support, the Christian ministry of Hope Media.
Hope Media is a Christian media organisation “Impacting people with experiences of God’s love – so that they will become more like Christ – and the world more like his Kingdom”. We are the parent company of Hope 103.2 on FM with the in-house Hope News service and a growing digital presence on socials, Hope 103.2 Online and DAB+. Our brands include Christmas Hope and Inspire Digital on DAB+, and Fresh streamed online. Hope Media also hosts streaming services for other radio stations around Australia. Our team is made up of professionals who are committed to delivering a vital message of hope for the people of Sydney in the midst of uncertain times.
This rare role located at our Seven Hills office is ideal for a person with a genuine passion for the mission and vision of Hope Media and a commitment to the Hope values – Be humble, Be real, Be all in.
Day to day this role involves:
- Providing IT and Broadcasting engineering with primary focus on desktop support activities such as:
- Network connectivity (wired, wireless and remote access)
- Application/software support
- Hardware Support
- Support of core IT infrastructure
- Assisting in maintaining a high level of network security across the business and all IT systems
- Providing facility assistance
- Working with the technical team to innovate and develop future solutions
- Collaborating across Co-Mission working to support other radio stations across Australia
- studio equipment renovations, visual radio, server upgrades, remote monitoring and continual infrastructure upgrades.
While radio and media industry experience would be valuable, it is not essential. We are open to IT professionals from other industries. But in order to be successful for this role, you will need to have:
- Demonstrated experience in Windows Server Administration and Office 365.
- Experience in a Virtual Server environment such as VMware and SAN storage systems
- An understanding of Enterprise level backup and restore practices, and software such as Veeam
- Excellent stakeholder skills and an ability to problem solve
- Willingness to be on call and work outside normal hours when needed
- An eagerness to learn more about broadcast IT and engineering
- And a firm belief in the mission and values of Hope Media
- Experience with Hosted/Cloud Server administration (Linux/Windows)
- Experience with WordPress & Python Scripting
- Configuration and maintenance of layer 2 and layer 3 networks, SIP protocols and firewall configuration.
- SQL databases and applications such as our CRM and Audio playout system.
Hope Media acknowledges that Sydney is not Australia’s most affordable city to live in and remuneration recognises your experience and the cost of living in this fantastic city.
Ready to Apply?
If all this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for and you have the requisite skills and experience, send your application addressing why you would like to work for Hope Media and how you meet each of the criteria along with your CV to, [email protected]
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible