Journalist- WSFM. Maternity leave position – 12 months
Share your voice. Make quality connections. Shape the future of audio.
As part of ARN, the recognised leader in audio in Australia, you have an opportunity to share your voice on the future of audio. Audio is booming and we are defining it. We are entertainers. We create moments that move people, and that people move to. We are investing in audio’s smartest advertising, experts, and innovations. This gives us unparalleled understanding of our audience and the content that moves them and helps us form quality connections with our customers. It’s our commitment to creating moments that move people that makes us memorable.
We’re shaping the future of audio – our success as the leader in the Australian radio landscape means we can complement our great radio people with others whose skills will help us dominate the digital audio landscape of the future, just as we have the radio landscape of today.
We have the best people and the best future. Why not come along and be part of our story?
The successful candidate will report to the National News Director and read news for the Jonesy and Amanda breakfast show, from January 2022.
Key role outputs include:
- Sourcing, producing and presenting news to a high standard for WSFM’s breakfast show, Jonesy and Amanda, focusing on accuracy and credibility.
- Proactively chasing interviews for a Sydney audience.
- Making a positive contribution to the culture of the news team.
- Taking onboard feedback from the National News Director, Chief Content Officer and WSFM Content Director.
- Presenting the news with a credible and contemporary style.
- Adhering to the Journalist Code of Ethics; covering fairness, financial gain and general editorial responsibilities, including accuracy.
- Presenting for duty in a fit and stable condition, to perform required tasks.
- Actively engaging in newsroom operations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Journalist.
- Qualification in Communications/Journalism.
- Chasing, radio news production, and presentation skills.
- A positive attitude and commitment to contributing to a collaborative and high performing team.
- Excellent knowledge of media law, as it applies to radio news in Australia.
We have four behaviours that make up our “Culture in Action” which describe how we act every day to create a great place to work:
- Aim High – We set big goals and work together to achieve them.
- Own It – We take personal responsibility for our actions and have a solutions mindset.
- Be Your Best Self – We create the environment we need to thrive.
- Make a Difference – We look for every opportunity to improve and we seek out diverse perspectives to help us achieve that.
Bring your skills, genius, and energy along on our journey, please press the APPLY button and upload your cover letter and resume by close of business 12th November 2021.
ARN is a HT&E company. For more details, head to www.arn.com.au and connect with us via Twitter (@ausradionetwork) and LinkedIn (LinkedIn /australianradionetwork)
ARN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please contact the People & Culture team at the relevant state office: https://www.arn.com.au/contact-us/