THE ROLE OVERVIEW
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator (MarComms Coordinator) is responsible for ensuring JOY Media provides timely, on-message, inclusive marketing and communication strategies and activities that align with the JOY Media brand, our strategic plan and current goals, inspiring our communities of interest to engage with us and access our services.
Working in collaboration with our leadership team, you will participate in marketing and communications strategy development and lead on the delivery of JOY Media’s MarComms activities.
Working with our broader team, leveraging JOY’s digital and broadcasting channels, your work will engage, inspire and grow JOY’s audiences, clients and supporters by highlighting JOY’s content and client service provision.
You will be the champion and gatekeeper of our newly launched brand, ensuring professional, consistent and unified MarComms activity across our team.
All position holders at JOY are required to perform their duties in accordance with current organisational policy and procedures and relevant ACMA and CBAA requirements; to minimum performance standards and ensure adherence to the JOY Melbourne Inc. rules of association; comply with health and safety guidelines and instructions to ensure a healthy, safe, and environmentally responsible workplace; and cooperate and comply with equal opportunity legislation.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, develop and execute the marketing and communications strategy in partnership with the Operations Manager and CEO, to drive brand awareness resulting in audience growth and service take-up
- Be the champion and gatekeeper of our brand, ensuring professional, consistent and unified MarComms activity across our team, meeting JOY’s branding and policy guidelines
- Manage JOY’s social media channels, website content and database communications
- Lead and provide support for JOY 94.9’s radio shows, podcasts and other content activity on social media including flagship shows JOY Breakfast and JOY Drive, ensuring a unified Marcomms style across the team
- Lead small to large scale marketing and communications campaigns, working with JOY team members
- Deliver client and partnership based marketing activity, supporting the Services Income Manager
- Assist in the on-going defining and management of the brand communication strategy
- Measure and report on JOY’s MarComms activity as required for internal and external stakeholders
VIEW THE FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION AT:
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE, PLEASE FORWARD YOUR:
- Current CV
- Covering letter, addressing the Key Selection Criteria in detail
- A sample Social Media post for LinkedIn and Facebook matching JOY’s tone, and branding, celebrating our coverage of Melbourne’s annual Pride March
Applications will be taken on a rolling basis